Stargate: SG-1 01/06/06 - spoilers probable

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Lord_Skywalker, Jan 6, 2006.

1. Jan 6, 2006 #1 of 25
    Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Baraboo, WI

Advertisements

OK, I've given the new cast a little over, what, six or seven episodes and I can say I don't mind most of the cast changes. Except for not seeing Richard Dean Anderson anywhere in the show anymore. I didn't mind it that much when he was promoted to General, he still got some good lines. Don't get me wrong, I still love the show and will keep watching it until it no longer airs, but I truly miss the great way Anderson could deliver a line. Colonel Mitchell is a great replacement, but I still feel the show suffered a bit with Anderson gone.

2. Jan 7, 2006 #2 of 25
    Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    So how did the prior get his powers back? Did someone sit on the remote or something?

3. Jan 7, 2006 #3 of 25
    MikeSh

MikeSh New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Mid-Atlantic...
    They didn't explain or show how but he didn't have full power back because they were able to shoot him with a firearm after he had the general by the neck.

Mike

4. Jan 7, 2006 #4 of 25
    MikeSh

MikeSh New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    Mid-Atlantic...
    Anyone else have trouble with DTV Tivo not picking this up as a new episode? Mine said it was a repeat but fortunately I realized the problem in time to set it up to record the whole show at 2300 EST. I got about 50 minutes of the 2000 show and watched that. I double checked BG & Atlantis and they were setup OK.

Mike

5. Jan 7, 2006 #5 of 25
    busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC

Advertisements

<...waiting for someone to complain that the SG team was being intolerant of the Prior's religious beliefs...>

6. Jan 7, 2006 #6 of 25
    Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    The Ancients are going to have to get off their ascended butts and kick some Ori tail.

7. Jan 7, 2006 #7 of 25
    busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    yep... but an epic battle between beings on a higher plane of existance, while interesting, wouldn't have anything to do with the SG characters.

I'm guessing the story is going to be about how Our Heroes manage to bring the ancients to the table.

(which sounds disturbingly similar to the major Babylon 5 arc... "get off your encounter-suited butts and do something!" :D)

8. Jan 7, 2006 #8 of 25
    Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Baraboo, WI
    They explained to the prior that they were hitting him with electronic interference that was disrupting his concentration. I assume when he became angry at the general, he momentarily was able to concentrate hard enough to use some of his powers.

9. Jan 7, 2006 #9 of 25
    mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    interesting episode. I thought the back and forth between Cameron and Daniel was good, close to Daniel and Jack but eh ;)

the most interesting part was that the O-Ri are coming to kill the Ancients. Which raises the interesting points, can ascended beings be killed?

Even though you are Ascended, time and space apparently still do effect you apparently otherwise it would be a battle on whatever level the O-Ri and Ancients are on and why would they need to come to our sector to do it.

Do the O-Ri want to kill the Ancients because they fear they are taking worshippers/stopping worshippers or is it just a feud they had way back when which caused the split (those crazy Ancients).

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    By the way, it's "Ori"...

11. mitchb2

mitchb2 New Member

Sep 30, 2000
    Smoking Man!

12. dcheesi

dcheesi ...I'm not.

Apr 6, 2001
    MD, USA
    Oh wow, the O-Ri! I sure love their fries ;)

We know from the earlier that the Ancients have been hiding this galaxy (and Pegasus??) from the Ori; presumably they can hide themselves the same way. Now that the Ori have found our galaxy, they can use it as a starting point to track down the Ancients, based on their (deliberately meager) influence on the region. It doesn't have to be a direct geographical correlation.

Or for that matter, they may hope to draw out the Ancients by challenging, taunting, or outraging them. Even though the Ancients swear neutrality, this is still "their" galaxy, and the Ori may be hoping to play on their sympathies (a la Orlen).

13. bryan314

bryan314 New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    Ori "They have a plan" :D

14. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    I liked the banter between Daniel and Cam, but otherwise I found it to be a pretty dull episode. I am relieved that Louis Gossett Jr got blowed up real good. His "acting" was painful.

15. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    No doubt! He used to be a good actor, I have no idea what happened.

Notice how there seemed to be an overdub almost everytime he said "Goa'ould"?

I picture the scene of the directors trying to get him to pronounce it correctly looking like Phoebe trying to teach Joey how to pronounce french phrases, with them ultimately giving up and deciding to just have someone else loop it in post. :D

I'm glad the grade-school ancient got his brain fried too. He also sucked. Imagine if he and Lou had a scene together! :eek:

Good riddance to bad actors!

16. VinceA

VinceA Active Member

May 13, 2002
    Bayonne, NJ
    Damn, now that you mention it it does look that way.

17. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Let's hope they are done with the convoluted crap and get on to some good stories soon. I'm glad to be done with the Ori for now.

18. dcheesi

dcheesi ...I'm not.

Apr 6, 2001
    MD, USA
    And what are they supposed to do without a Big Bad(tm)? One-off 'concept' episodes for the rest of the season? That might have worked in season Two, but at this point I think they're running out of truly original ideas for away team encounters (and what's left is going into Atlantis episodes). IMHO they almost have to come back to the Ori threat fairly quickly just to keep the show going...

19. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Why does Dasniel Jackson wear a do-rag when he's on military ops?

20. mrmike

mrmike Custom User Title

May 2, 2001
    Because the actor is sensitive about bad hair days?

-MM
    (Wish Teal'c would follow suit, his new 'do is not flattering)