Stargate Atlantis "Allies" 3/10/06 SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tivogurl, Mar 11, 2006.

1. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    What happened in the last minute? I recorded the second showing and my TiVo somehow missed the last little bit of the show.

2. SteveInNC

SteveInNC Active Member

Jun 23, 2005
    RTP, NC
    SciFi seems really bad about ending their shows at offsets from the scheduled times. I missed the last minute of BSG for the same reason.

See spoiler below:
    The Wraith teamed up with the other Wraith ship and attacked the Dedalus (as they had apparently plotted to do all along). The Wraith jump to hyperspace before completely destroying Dedalus. Ronin and McKay are captured on the Wraith ship, and the closing scene is a Wraith telling McKay that he's still alive so that he can see the new feeding ground that his efforts made possible... Earth...

3. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Don't we all have TiVos? You're supposed to pad your shows.

4. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    We are? I've recorded the rest of the season without needing padding, why did I need some now?

5. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I like this episode, and thought there were more moral quandaries brought up here than in the finale of Galactica. You had to suspect all along that there was a different Wraith motivation, but towards the end I thought it was they just wanted to have McKay as their personal Mr. Fix-it.

Instead, we now have the potential that the Wraith attempt to jump to Earth and maybe get mixed up with some Ori!? Could be fun!

6. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    ... and once again, we are expected to believe that Shepherd didn't survive in a season finale. At least it didn't end with another Wraith attack on Atlantis.

7. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    We might as well kiss our asses goodbye, with the Ori and the Wraith coming.

8. Sherminator

Sherminator ɹǝs∩ pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝᴚ

Nov 24, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    When did the Wraith get a hyperdrive capable of intergalactic travel? It wasn't mentioned in this episode.

9. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Umm... Never mind? :D

10. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Man, this was pretty good. Is it July yet?

11. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Wrong Stargate.

12. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Maybe it'll be an Alien vs. Predator thing, and they'll wipe each other out.

13. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    LOL!

:eek: Got my threads mixed up a bit, there, didnt I?

14. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    Seems like all the alien races are converging on Earth at the same time. This would be a good time to set up housekeeping on Bajor. :D

15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    No no no...this is just one of those times when they go through the Stargate and end up in the wrong place.

Yeah.

That's the ticket!

16. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA

I think it would be a good time for Galactica to find Earth... followed closely by the Cylons. Cylons and Ori and Wraith... Oh My!!

*Edit* - I swear I posted this before I saw your post in the SG-1 thread... :D

17. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I believe it.

However, have we all forgotten Earth's secret weapon -- Jack Bauer? While Cheyenene Mountain may experience its own CTU moment of destruction and Kim Bauer will be Wraithicized, Jack will save the day!

18. Sherminator

Sherminator ɹǝs∩ pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝᴚ

Nov 24, 2004
    Lafayette, IN
    Are we expected to believe that the Wraith cannot detect RF transmissions? I found it a bit unbelievable that despite the wraith sending audio communication to Atlantis, they could not detect that Atlantis was talking to the Daedalus, or that the signal was coming from a place other than the planet.

19. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I don't think they're using normal radio. Didn't Atlantis talk to the Daedalus when they were many star systems away? They're not waiting years for the other person to answer...

20. Generic

Generic Now in Dolby Digital

Dec 26, 2005
    SoCal
    You also can't forget Chuck Norris. Just one roundhouse kick to the Wraith ships and it will be done. End of story. ;)