Stargate Atlantis - 1/20/06 - Critical Mass

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by IndyJones1023, Jan 20, 2006.

1. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL

Advertisements

Another good episode! Finally they're getting good!

2. TheSlyBear

TheSlyBear Opinionated Walrus

Dec 26, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Isn't it great that we have Cavanaugh around to make Rodney seem almost likable in comparison?

3. jfjellstad

jfjellstad New Member

May 6, 2002
    San Jose, CA
    Taela annoys the hell out of me. She is willing to sacrifies a couple of people's life (plus the poddlejumper crew) because she can't postpone the funeral for a couple of hours? They can't take the body to the new planet and do the funeral song there?

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I was getting sick of Rodney's canned horrified look over and over, but this was a pretty good episode. I didn't see the twist at the end coming.

Plus, it's finally getting a little darker (i.e., considering torture).

Nice lip sync'ing, Tayla. :)

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

Although it's kind of hard to argue with torturing Cavanaugh, even if it's just for fun! :D

6. Mike Farrington

Mike Farrington Lost Member

Nov 16, 2000
    I really could have done without the funeral montage.

7. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    It kinda reminded me of a few episodes in the last season of "24" when they tortured one of the CTU analysts.

I wonder if that's the end of Cavanaugh? He seems pompous enough that even though he was a prime suspect and almost tortured, he'd stick around just to annoy Weir.

8. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    Rodneys overacting sucks

9. PJO1966

PJO1966 Hi. What is this?

Mar 5, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Pretty good episode, however... When Tayla was standing next to Charon's body I thought to myself "Oh my God, she's not going to sing, is she?" Where the hell did that come from? I didn't really see what purpose it served, if any. I didn't mind the song itself, but it just seemed completely out of place.

I was blindsided by the revelation at the end. I certainly didn't see that coming at all. I loved that Cavanaugh fainted at the sight of Ronin approaching him.

10. Tangent

Tangent Aluminum Falcon?!

Feb 25, 2005
    San Jacinto, CA
    Director Skinner was a goa'uld! THAT explains why X-Files turned to crap in the last seasons, it was sabotage!

I wonder if the chick that was in Rodney's head will be more of a regular character now or if she was just around as a possible red herring...

11. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    Erasing any doubt that the "actress" playing tayla can act...

we now also know she can't lip-sync

and she's not very good looking...

otherwise, she's great! :rolleyes:

12. kenr

kenr New Member

Dec 26, 1999
    Florham...
    I was suprised to see the Goa'uld in the plot. I was under the impression they had been defeated and purged from the galaxy.

13. DavidTigerFan

DavidTigerFan No, not Detroit. TCF Club

Aug 18, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    I loved the episode. I think it was sure to the fact that I FF'ed every part that had to do with Teyla. How is it that every 4-5 episodes she has someone that is "very close to her" be drawn into the episode so they can attempt to flesh out some crap emotion out of her, and then we never hear from them again?

If this chick charon was so important why didn't we ever hear about her before? I had no emotional involvement. Bull Hockey is what I say. The rest was good though.

14. JerryLBell

JerryLBell Active Member

May 3, 2002
    As soon as she opened her mouth to sing, I thought, "My God, Atlantis has jumped the shark." That whole bit seemed so completely artificial compared to the more realistic feeling approach of the rest of the show. You see a few folks banging on primitive instruments and several others standing around doing nothing and yet you hear this lush orchestration, full choral backing and perfectly mixed lead vocal come at you (which, of course, doesn't begin to match the flat acoustics those rooms are normally mixed as). What's next? A full musical episode like Buffy or Xena? A puppet episode? Too bad, as I normally quite enjoy this show. I just hope they don't let Samantha sing on SG1. Or T'ealc. Well, actually, the actor that plays T'ealc is so enjoyable that maybe he'd find a way to make it funny. Still...

15. jehma

jehma Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2003
    NJ
    We didn't like this episode. It was boring and Teyla singing was ridiculous.

16. SparkleMotion

SparkleMotion New Member

Feb 2, 2004
    Alive at...
    Cadman is hawt. :up: :eek:

17. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I really hate Rodney. Have I mentioned that before? I also hate Cavanaugh. As soon as Ronin volunteered to do it, I started yelling "Yeah, torture that mofo! Torture that evil, ponytail wearing mofo!" I want an episode where Rodney and Cavanaugh both get tortured for real.

I don't have any problem with the actress but the Teyla character is really poorly defined and developed. I don't think an Oscar worthy actress could do much with this crappy character. Hopefully they'll turn Teyla evil next year, give her a personality and let her use contractions.

18. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    I love twists that I cannot predict! Excellent!

19. dtivouser

dtivouser Tivoless

Feb 10, 2004
    SoCal
    No kidding! Can anyone enlighten us on this?

20. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Defeated, yes. Purged from the galaxy, no.