Stargate Atlantis 02/08/2008 "Trio"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Anubys, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...

Advertisements

Sorry if there is already a thread...could not find it...so I'm assuming I'm first...

it was a good ep only because I like the three that were stuck...Not sure what the deal is with the doctor when just a couple of weeks ago she almost got it on with Ronon...now there's an interesting love triangle!

2. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Is this the first time we've heard Keller's first name?

3. Bulldog7

Bulldog7 New Member

Oct 6, 2002
    Fremont, CA
    As the actress Terry Farrell(?) once said in an interview to the interviewer, "I'll have a drink with you. That doen't mean I will %$#* you, but I will have a drink with you." Just a drink with Rodney is not a relationship, but it is a start, maybe. It is at the very least, the honorable thing to do since he did promise it to her for the 'bar bet' thing.
    It was amusing when Rodney went on and on about the woman's bodies and who was better....just keep shoving that foot deeper down that throat, Rod!!

Also a few good lines...."Door #2? After you, Monty!" and "Okay, Schwarzenegger(?), Start swinging!!":D:D:D

4. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I assume Neil DeGrasse Tyson is a fan of the show.

Poor Sam. She got to tumble two, two and a half stories three times.

If Rodney gets the doctor, I'll fly to Vancouver and administer a beatdown to the writers with my shoe.

Maybe I dozed off for a minute or two, but was it ever explained why the kids wouldn't help three stranded people in a deserted mine other than "We're not supposed to be here."?

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

No, they just kept saying their parents would kill them.

Which, considering that the natives suspect the Atlantis team are here to enslave them and put them to work in the mines, might not be too far from reality!

6. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    They're kids. Kids suck. Did you need more than that? :)

7. needo

needo New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    I've had a crush on Jewel Staite since she was in Firefly. I was really let down when she stopped taking off her shirt. :(

However for all you other Jewel fans she has a really good guest starring row in Dead Like Me:

[​IMG]

8. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Here's something mildly amusing... in my Atlantis folder on the TiVo, I had this episode, "Trio", plus one other episode that had been recorded as a suggestion. That one was called "Duet". Nice symmetry. :)

9. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    Didn't anyone find it odd that she knew about the "three stick trick" when the two physicist/engineers didn't know it?

What exactly was the point, or value, of this episode? It seems that Rodney was finally told that HE ended the relationship in a way that he hadn't even expected. He needs to talk to his ex, BEFORE he has that drink with the doctor.

10. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm not the least bit surprised that she's the one of the three who has spent enough time in bars to learn that trick...

11. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    She probably learned it from Jayne or Mal...

12. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    She probably taught it to Jayne and Mal!

13. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    It was a decent episode! I liked that I got to see more of Sam in more of a Sam kind of roll.

There are some other episodes coming up that I'm really looking forward to. I won't give any spoilers, of course.

14. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I actually enjoyed this one too ... I think it was the banter.

Like the "who would you?" game ...

"Colbert or Carrell?"
    "Colbert ... but I'd take John Stewart over both of them."

or when Sam threw out the physicist names to Keller. :D

My one nitpick: why didn't they lose the opening up in the ceiling the first time the room shifted?

15. wkearney

wkearney New Member

Jan 30, 2008
    The box could've just shifted down on one side and not have lost opening. It'd have gotten further away, that's true, and would've looked different. But much like everyone in space speaking English, it's a TV show and scripts and budgets have limits.

I'm disappointed, yet again, with the latest SA. If I just wanted dumb samples of 'real life' there are a host of other stupid sitcoms that more than cover it. Errr, well, there WOULD be a host of other sitcoms were the writer's strike not disrupting their delivery. But I'm guessing these have been in the can for a while, so that's no excuse for them. I'll grant you the banter was entertaining. But they could've been just as witty fending off a few Wraith instead of falling down a danged hole.

As for beatdowns, if they'd had Lassie up there with the kids I'd have been on that plane too.

16. barbeedoll

barbeedoll New Member

Sep 26, 2005
    I took it that the other two physicists were so focused on their studies/jobs that they didn't do things that other more normal people might do, like relaxing with their friends in bars. It's sort of like Bones where she can't understand any references to popular culture because she has been totally immersed in her studies/work.

Barbeedoll

17. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...
    She told Ronan that she spent her entire youth studying, having absolutely NO social life, etc. How does that translate into time spent in bars? This is Keller, NOT Kaylee.

18. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    that's the part of her life that she remembers...all the other memories of the bars are hazy from the massive amount of alcohol she consumed there...

19. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    She was lying... trying to make herself seem like easy prey for Ronin. She's clever that way. :D

20. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    The past is hazy, did Sam and O'Neill become a couple at the end of Stargate's run?