Star Trek Voyager Documentary

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Pokemon_Dad, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Pokemon_Dad

Pokemon_Dad Ruler of Unown UI

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley

Advertisements

This crowdfunding campaign has already blown through their initial goal three time over in 24 hours:

The Star Trek Voyager Documentary

As a supporter of the Deep Space Nine Documentary I wound up on their mailing list. Voyager is not my favorite, but it clearly has many fans!

2. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think the DS9 was the more interesting story to tell as a documentary, given that it was kind of the ignored "middle child" by the studio... not to mention how radically it changed the Star Trek television format.

I'll watch this documentary, but it's not an interesting enough to go out of my way to find and watch.

3. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    The DS9 folks keep describing themselves as the "middle child", and while it was airing it may have been. But now virtually all older Star Trek is ignored by Paramount except for TOS & TNG. I think all the series deserve decent documentaries, and in the case of Voyager if you've ever listened to the Delta Flyers podcast, you know there's plenty of good stories there, especially with Genevieve Bujold (and later Jennifer Lien) being replaced.

4. Pokemon_Dad

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
  5. Pokemon_Dad

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley

Advertisements

I am still getting emails from the DS9 campaign list. Today's news:

"The Voyager Documentary campaign had the most successful Day One of any documentary ever on Indiegogo, with a fitting $455,000! And after a week, it is one of the two most successful documentaries ever on Indiegogo. Can you guess the other? 455 Films is the production team behind both!"

6. Pokemon_Dad

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    NorthAlabama likes this.
  7. Pokemon_Dad

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    Just received another update. They're now past $1 million, and $100 thousand away from the all-time record for documentary crowdfunding with three days left in the campaign. Also they're nearing 10,000 backers (I'm still not one of them), and are now selling tickets to November 2022 premiers in LA, New York, and London.

NorthAlabama likes this.
  8. Pokemon_Dad

Jan 19, 2008
    Silicon Valley
    This is starting to get a little tacky... Via the DS9 documentary list I was just sent offers to support the Voyager documentary by participating in an evening at a bar with as-yet unnamed cast and crew members during Destination Star Trek event in London (Nov 12-14, 2021), or Star Trek The Cruise V in the Caribbean (Feb 26 - Mar 5, 2022).