Star Trek TOS, TNG headed to... G4?!

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by lambertman, Dec 19, 2005.

1. lambertman

lambertman Incrediburgible

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    here's the news story.

As G4 continues to morph into a general-entertainment network...

2. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Hmm, now that G4 is not a pure gaming channel, I guess I will put it back into my channel line up on Tivo.

3. darthrsg

darthrsg New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    post 911...
    that sucks, i thought spike already had that covered? G$ suck a lot since they killed the tech tv shows and now they have turned on their own shows. once xplay is gone it is gone from ny lineup.

4. jstr

jstr New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Spike carries The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine, but not The Original Series. I have Dish Network and right now I cannot get TOS on any channel, so I'm glad G4 is picking it up.

5. Warren

Warren Wild Hair

Oct 18, 2001
    I only wacth Attack of the SHow on G4.

6. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    I guess TNG airing three times daily on Spike isn't enough. :)

Sci-Fi was airing TOS up until recently. It was on at 4:00 AM or something a few times a week and occasionally was one of their eight-hour marathons on weekdays. Haven't seen it in a few months, though.

7. bellvis

bellvis New Member

Aug 1, 2000
    Knoxville, TN
    How many minutes of commercials will G4 show? The shortening of TNG on Spike is fairly obvious if you know the episodes well enough -- the test Wesley passed but that Mendon admits he would have failed -- and downright distracting for TOS.

While I'm certainly up for random Trek airings, G4's chosen demographic rests firmly outside my general tastes, which means I won't be tuning it in for background noise as I do Spike. So for me the real questions are: What will Spike fill the missing hours with? And how long before G4 reduces itself to general entertainment with at most 2 hours of games?

8. mike3775

mike3775 Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Indiana
    I noticed alot of butchering on Spikes part on DS9 as well.

The finale was heavilly edited which pissed me off so much as it had recorded both as suggestions and I could tell where they had cut it.

I wonder why Spike does that when there are already spots for the commercials in the eps already.

9. Rkkeller

Rkkeller Well-Known Member

May 13, 2004
    This is great news and I cant wait to see Kirk and Spock back on TV. TOS is my ultimate favorite Star Trek series. Now besides Call for Help I have another reason to watch G4.

Rich

10. Dmon4u

Dmon4u Unresponsive User

Jul 15, 2000
    PA
    I can't wait to see those large animated promo's for other G4 shows slapped up on the screen during critical moments of the show you are currently watching.

The thrill !

11. jstack

jstack New Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Even that show makes me want to puke. The network needs to disappear. Bring back TechTV damnit.

12. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    I never was able to watch TechTV before the change but by most accounts, the new Screensavers now morphed into AOTS sucks compared to the old one.

However, the eps of Icons that they have on the history of various people and topics in the game industry are usually excellent! That's probably the only show worth watching.

13. jstr

jstr New Member

Sep 25, 2005
    I was wondering about that. I know that some channels tend to do that. Is that a common practice at G4? I've watched Call For Help on G4, but I don't remember seeing those annoying overlays.

14. darthrsg

darthrsg New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    post 911...
    trust me for serious "trekkers" G$ is not the place to be.

15. Todd

Todd Gee thanks Jeremy...

Oct 7, 1999
    Coastal...
    How about TNG on HDNet in HD?? Come on Mark Cuban, get with it! :D

16. DianaMo

DianaMo Cubs fan

Oct 22, 2003
    Was Star Trek filmed or on videotape. I hear that makes a difference when converting programs to the HD format.

Write to the folks at HDNet and let them know you'd like to see Star Trek in HD.

http://hd.net/contacts.html

I'd like to see Call for Help or the real Screensavers on HDnet.

17. DrC4

DrC4 Evil Genius

Jul 5, 2005
    Fitchburg, MA
    Well, not anymore. G$ has killed of Call for Help as well!

Rotten Bastards...

18. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Hi ALL,

Does anyone know when this is supposed to start, and what the channel number is on DirecTV?

Thanks,
    Gerry

19. maharg18

maharg18 Active Member

Dec 3, 2002
    Chattanooga, TN
    They've been running TNG for quite a while now.. Channel 354 on DirecTV.