Star Trek:TNG "The Price" (S3E08)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by doom1701, Jan 24, 2012.

1. doom1701

doom1701 Time for a new Title TCF Club

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    I know I missed this one the first time around; I believe I've seen most of it, but not all, in reruns.

2. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    I remember the promos for this one vividly, I seem to recall them making Troi's boyfriend out to be the bad guy.

Good episode. Cheech Marin did a great job. Troi's boyfriend did a "spring break" movie in the early 80s, which made this one funny whenever he was onscreen. Still, lots of things to like about this episode, yup. Lots. Lots and lots and lots of things to like about this one.

[​IMG]

Yup, lots of things. Lots.

Greg

3. doom1701

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    I've seen that scene before, but didn't know which episode it came from.

The Price must be first on my watch list this week.

4. kaszeta

kaszeta $nullstring TCF Club

Jun 11, 2004
    Grantham, NH
    Decent concept, but somehow I thought this episode was poorly acted by Sirtis, and the writers still were having difficulty making the Ferengi much more than comic relief.

5. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I hated this episode. It felt like a blatant attempt to go after a female demographic with their version of a cheap romance novel.

The only two things intriguing to me about this episode were the references to a stable wormhole (later revisited on DS9) and the wormhole ending up terminating in the Delta Quadrant (which would later come up on Voyager).

6. doom1701

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    Yeah, that sums up the bulk of it. Cheap romance novel written by a guy that thinks that women do nothing but crave chocolate and get googly eyed at men.

Pull the corny romance out of the mix, and it wasn't too bad. The negotiations were kind of interesting, especially Rall's approach and subversion with the Ferengi. Honestly, there seemed to be very little that hinged on Rall's empathic abilities other than the love story and ultimately making Rall look like a bad guy.