Star Trek:TNG "Booby Trap" (S3E06)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by doom1701, Jan 15, 2012.

1. doom1701

doom1701 Time for a new Title TCF Club

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    I fired up this episode because the title and Netflix description didn't ring a bell. But I'm remembering all too well Geordi's little holodeck date. The rest of the opening is not ringing a bell, but so far it's had two of my favorite FX--active space beyond Ten Forward windows, and active content on one of the control panels (Data's console). The latter especially is something that you knew was the intended use, but we didn't see it too often, and pretty much never in the first couple years.

I'm not going to stay up to watch the rest right now, maybe tomorrow.

2. gchance

gchance 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 6, 2002
    Olivehurst, CA
    So with the kiss at the end, it was holo-Brahms who leaned in. Computer? It kinda makes you wonder if the ship's computer has a thing for humans, what with Barclay's later holodeck excursions.

Greg

3. doom1701

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    Wait, this is the Brahms episode? Now I really need to watch it.

4. Win Joy Jr

Win Joy Jr Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Eastern...
    It was the Holodeck Brahms...
    Real Brahms shows up in a later season...

5. Fish Man

Fish Man Phish Food

Mar 4, 2002
    0.7 miles...
    When I watched this episode the first time, I was thinking: Apparently Brahms is still alive and well and working in Starfleet. The real Brahms could potentially stumble upon this holodeck program. Then, wouldn't Geordi be embarrassed!

Apparently, as we learn about a season further in, the writers had the same thought! :D

6. doom1701

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    I remember thinking the exact same thing. I think it's great that the writers brought real Brahms in later.

7. Bryanmc

Bryanmc I'm normal.

Sep 5, 2000
    Richardson,...
    And I love that apparently Geordi rubbed out Leah's husband in the future and married her. :D

8. doom1701

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    I think Geordi rubbed out a lot regarding Brahms.

*rimshot*

That's actually one of a couple of things about All Good Things that bugged me. I don't remember the episode that had her come on board for real, but it doesn't seem like she left with a wink and a nod and a "Maybe we'll get married someday" attitude.

9. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    Brahms husband probably died in a "transporter accident" I would think that is the weapon of choice in the future.

10. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Sounds risky. I know of at least two cases where a transporter accident duplicated the person! Giving new meaning to the term "Double or nothing". :eek:

11. Bryanmc

Bryanmc I'm normal.

Sep 5, 2000
    Richardson,...
    Well it didn't actually have to be THAT Leah, but if not it seems like an odd choice.

12. doom1701

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    Oh, God, so cheesy. I kind of feel sorry for Burton and/or the Laforge character. I don't know where the deficiency really was, but this was just terrible. I can try to look past the non-slip coating on the Enterprise in dock, I can try to ignore the over the top technobabble, I can try to ignore the constant pointing at pictures of the inside of the reaction chamber and talking about things unrelated.

But the backrub? Brahms wouldn't have would up marrying Geordi. She would have gotten a restraining order.

13. DougF

DougF Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    Gotta agree with doom here. Lotso cheese.

I loved Susan Gibney, though. Attractive and a strong presence. Her follow-up episode is better. I think she'd have made an excellent Janeway.

14. doom1701

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    I think she is pretty attractive and is a good actor...but I can't get past whatever it is that's odd about her upper lip. Every time I see her I think she has a mustache.

15. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    I've always loved this episode, even with the cheese. Maybe especially with the cheese. Yes, there were moments with the faux-Brahms that made me roll my eyes and go "really?!?!" Even still, for whatever reason, this episode never fails to disappoint me. I always end up watching this episode with a big smile on my face.

Huh?