Star Trek: Discovery - S2 E11 "Perpetual Infinity"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cwerdna, Apr 2, 2019.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA

Advertisements

Discuss.

I just finished reading https://www.startrek.com/news/alan-van-sprang-interview. Was pretty cool to have that fight scene between Leland and Michelle Yeoh.

2. doom1701

doom1701 Time for a new Title TCF Club

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    The show (or maybe just me as the viewer) is really starting to struggle from Time Travel Fatigue. Michael's mom has been bouncing around, screwing up the timeline left and right, trying to prevent an evil computer from getting the source of all knowledge. And Discovery's goal is to prevent her from time traveling, because somehow that will fix it. Time travel is fun in small batches--not an entire season.

I'm also cringing at the 3rd grade technobabble. Dark matter energy enhancers? Time Crystal?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    cwerdna likes this.
  3. cbrrider

cbrrider Active Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Well, the Klingons had to get the Time stone from Thanos. So I wonder if that's part of Avengers: End game? Timey wimey, wibbly wobbly goodness.

4. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Oh well. :/ Ages ago I saw a guide that was the young writer's guide for writing lines for Geordi. OMG! I found an URL to it that I posted long ago. Fortunately, someone archived it: Rated G Jokes. Search for Geordi.

Code:
    https://www.facebook.com/StarTrekCBS/videos/2119942664748218/
    was under 1 minute re: the fight scene.

5. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles

Advertisements

Agreed.
    I thought that the episode was somewhat meandering and I couldn't believe Empress Georgiou simply didn't destroy or even just turn off the data transmitter before CONTROLled Leland could arrive.

Now what?

6. pgogborn

pgogborn Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2002
    [​IMG]
    Fighting look, fighting clothes

You couldn't believe that Her Most Imperial Majesty, Mother of the Fatherland, Overlord of Vulcan, Dominus of Qo'noS, Regina Andor, Philippa Georgiou Augustus Iaponius Centarius while wearing clothes fit for fighting would prefer to flip a switch instead of trying to kick somebody to death?

Your life expectancy in the Terran Court on board the palace ship Charon would have been very short :)

cwerdna likes this.
  7. Qnapfan

Qnapfan Active Member

Feb 13, 2019
    IMO, Time Travel as a plot device can become both tiring and boring due to its basic context potential ... it can be a game changer on such a fundamental level, it almost negates the concept of causal liability. In short, too much time travel (used casually no less) can reduce viewer investment by way of an overly convenient magic bullet to right all wrongs ... at a writing whim.

The overall effect if abused would be like if someone were to forced to add "... or not" at the end of everything they said ... after a while, no one would pay attention ...

8. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Before. Before Lealand arrived. Before any physical assaults were necessary.
    She had plenty of time to do so.