SPS30S on an Elite with v20

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Dan Clarke, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Dan Clarke

Dan Clarke Member

Jun 13, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Has anyone gotten select play select 30 select to work on a tivo premiere elite with the new software? I'm not having any luck.

all set mods, feel free to delete - have to play a showcase video.

2. bradnic

bradnic New Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Wheaton,...
    just noticed this. can't SPS30S anymore - keep running in to the mini guide when I hit Select, which results in choosing a different channel instead of the command.

3. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    You can also do it by playing a video from the old SDUI.

Dan

4. bradnic

bradnic New Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Wheaton,...
    Just noticed this as well - if you switch to the SD UI you can SPS30S while watching a recording. if you switch back to the HD UI the 30 sec skip is still active.

as I wrote above, not sure how to bypass the 'mini guide' that pops up in the HD UI when you try to enter SPS30S. but at least there's a way to get it turned back on!

PS don't know about the rest of you with Premieres, but we're pretty pleased with the new software load. It's what the Premiere should have been from the get go. So slow and bloated originally we stuck with SD menus for a long time, but now have finally started using the HD UI

5. PaulS

PaulS Active Member

Sep 16, 2002
    Southern NH
    I think you can enter any of the SPS codes while playing back a video in one of the ShowCases as well. I'm able to SPS-Pause-S to disable the "Pause Menu" this way.

6. adamwsh

adamwsh Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Just wanted to add my two cents...
    I have a Tivo XL4
    Using the HD Menus, I could not perform SPS30S.
    I went into settings to switch to the SD menus.
    Then went to Live TV.
    Performed SPS30S with success.
    Switched back to HD Menus.
    30-Second JUMP is working again!!!

I have to say, I really hate the 30-Second SCAN. It takes too long and is just annoying after being used to using the JUMP for about 10 years. I can see if someone is new to Tivo, the SCAN would be fine for them.

7. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I used the 30 second skip for around eight or nine years before the Premiere came out. And I really didn't think I would like the 30 second scan. But once the Premiere came out and I started using the 30 second scan, I found I liked that much better than the 30 second skip. Now I couldn't imagine going back to the 30 second skip. I like the 30 second scan so much better. Now I dislike using the 30 second skip on my GFs S3 boxes. And have zero desire to use the 30 second skip on my Premieres.

8. yunlin12

yunlin12 Tivonation Citizen

Mar 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    You can also enable in HD Menu while watching live TV.

In the new Tivo Premiere SW, doing SPS30S while watching a recorded show would bring up the mini guide when you hit select, and would mess it up.

But you can do this during live TV, you just have to bring up the mini guide 1st, make sure you have the grid mini guide showing, then start the SPS30S sequence.

9. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002
    Why does this tread keep getting bumped randomly?

And all you have to do is put an extra select at the beginning of the codes if on live Tv in HD menus.

I di it for the clock. ssps9s

10. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    With 20.2.2 you can now enter it normally using HDUI while playing back an existing recording since the mini guide no longer comes up when you press select during playback. i.e. Select only brings up Mini Guide during live TV now which makes more sense.

11. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC

Are you subscribed to the thread, or do you just happen to notice it at the top of the column?

Either way, it could be that by the time you look to see what's been added the spam that bumped it has been attended to by the mods.

Hadn't seen the extra select tip before.

Did you know there are people in need of a Sony 3000 image?

12. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002

Nope I did not. How can I help?

13. zaucha

zaucha New Member

Apr 26, 2003
    New York
    In the "Messages & Settings" for the Premiere, under Remote Control settings you can change the the Advance button to skip ahead 30 seconds or leave it at skip to the next tick. I assume this setting is also on the Elite?