SPs and +1 channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by cwaring, Jan 10, 2006.

1. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    I'm sure that this has been asked before, and probably by me ;), but for the benefit of any 'new' Tivo users (and me as I've forgotten :D), I'll ask it again!

If I have an SP set up for a given show on both the original channel and it's +1, why does a clash with the first showing get scheduled on the next showing on the original channel and not the "one hour later" on the +1?

If I recall correctly, a WL is the only way to do this, or do I remember something about putting the +1 SP first?

Thanks!

2. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    You have requested that all showings on the main channel are recorded ahead of the +1 channel. If you put the +1 first it will do a later +1 recording ahead of the earlier main channel recording.

It does all available recordings in priority order - it doesn't go through the list checking if a lower priority is on earlier.

3. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    So there's no actual way to say "get the next-available +1 if you can't get the original showing"? Oh well!

4. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Alton,...
    A wishlist (or Advanced Wishlist (AWL)) may be the better option - but it depends on other possible matches/older showings/repeats etc etc.

5. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Wishlist does take an episode based on its next screening on any available channel. So it would take the +1 ahead of a later main channel screening.

6. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Alton,...
    What I meant to say what that there may be loads of unwanted hits too; re-runs, showings on other channels too. Best to try it and see ;)

7. b166er

b166er New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    Brit in...
    I wonder if this is a job for a hack. Somehow search for clashes and if a recording can be shifted to it's +1 channel (or vice versa) and avoid a clash then it does so. Not knowing the capabilities of tivoweb modules or tcl scripts I don't know if this is fantasy. If that's not clear, in other words, each SP for a main channel will automatically switch a recording to the +1 channel to avoid a clash that would result in one of them not being recorded.

8. blindlemon

blindlemon tivoheaven.co.uk

May 12, 2002
    Malmesbury, UK
    I would just use a Title Wishlist with FRO set.

If that picks up too much junk then use an Advanced Wishlist, find something that distinguishes the latest series from the repeats - eg. a new actor only in the new series - and make that mandatory with a :up: