Spot 13 - Lansing, MI locals

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Cosmic, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Cosmic

Cosmic New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Grand...

Advertisements

What is going on with the Lansing locals?

For the past couple of months, I've had problems with (I think) compression artifacting. Approximately every 2 seconds (57 - 60 frames) the picture flashes. When played "single frame at a time" the pixels turn dark and shift slightly for 3 frames. It's most noticeable on dark backgrounds. I noticed it first while watching football (lots of green field). It's not as apparent when the camera is following the action, but it's still there.

Is this the result of cramming too many locals on one beam, or could I have a bad LNB?

It only happens on the locals. I could watch Sunday ticket just fine, but channel 6 (Lansing, MI CBS) and 47 (Lansing, MI FOX) games were almost unbearable.

Today, I couldn't watch ANY basketball on the local ABC or CBS stations. It wasn't just the "flashing", the signal was TERRIBLE. I watched them OTA.

Signal strength on transponder 29 is 92.

2. Rax

Rax New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    In a box.
    Probably just overcompression. I noticed that on 10.

The MPEG-4 upgrades should take care of most of that, but obviously not for a while.

3. jimisham

jimisham New Member

Nov 28, 2001
    stevensville...
    I had this problem with all of my South Bend locals from the beginning for nearly a year.
    It could be seen every couple of seconds in dark backgrounds as a 'flash'.
    Running in slow motion I could see the picture breaking up into pixels.
    It took a lot of complaining to Directv, but it finally was fixed.