Sports wishlist no longer works

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by just4fn44, Sep 18, 2016.

1. just4fn44

just4fn44 Member

Dec 28, 2006

Advertisements

Since the guide update, my football wishlist does not work. I've tried At Seattle, at Seahawks in both key words and Title key word with the category at sports, all sports and none. It isn't picking it up. What's the use? This is the beauty of TIVO and now it misses shows. Who knows what other shows it's not picking up. Is there another way?

2. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    You have to change it to this:
    Title Keyword:
    Seahawks
    (NFL Football)
    (Night Football)

Category:
    Sports: Sports Event

3. taronga

taronga Member

Nov 15, 2006
    KY
    Here's the format I've been using for mine. And last time I checked, sports WLs won't work if set to 'New Only.'

Keyword: Seattle
    Title keyword: Seahawks
    Category: Sports: Football

4. walkerism

walkerism The Clean Up Man

Aug 16, 2001
    Miami, FL
    All of my Soccer One pass stopped recording. Can someone provide specific instructions for setting up a Wish list to include:

UEFA Champions League
    UEFA Europa League
    Capital One Cup

This should be with no repeats and no magazine or highlight shows. I just want to record the games. Strangely enough, my EPL Season Pass still works. None of the games recorded for me last week and i am ready to jump to Xfinity X1 box.

5. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004

Advertisements

It is not currently possible to record sports without repeats. There is no workaround.

6. jtrain

jtrain New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Beaverton, OR
    Capital One Cup kind of throws me off a bit, but for the rest it might look like this:

Title Keyword: UEFA
    Keywords: (Lea*, Soccer) - parentheses on both keywords setting each as optional
    Category: Sports/Sports Event

The results show both Champions League and Europa League upcoming matches thru 9/29.

As for the "new" vs. "new and repeats", you'd likely need to check the To-Do List daily since the guide data isn't quite working properly delineate from each other at this time.

I'm on Comcast in Beaverton, OR and doing a separate search for Capital One does not bring up any results at this time. Try this:

Title Keyword: EFL Cup
    Keyword: Soccer

I'm only seeing results for an SD channel (BEIN1), but it shows today's matches 9/20 thru 9/23.

Hopefully that at least gives a starting point to play w/ the WishList(s) even further.

7. walkerism

Aug 16, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Thank you so much!!!!! I will try this when I get home.

8. celtic pride

celtic pride Member

Nov 8, 2005
    I hope they get this problem fixed by the start of the NBA season!:eek:

9. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    *sigh* I really wish folks would just try to go into the create WL screen, go add a keyword and then look at the right side of the screen. It tells you what to do to add required or optional keywords, and the keywords you need are all in the guide data show titles and descriptions.

Or just read this:
    https://support.tivo.com/SupportPor...les/Features_Use/How-to-Use-WishList-Searches

Yes, this means you have to read something and try it yourself instead of being spoon-fed. Sucks, I know.

10. walkerism

Aug 16, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Thank you for your smart ass comment. But I did read and after creating the wish list, nothing showed up. the key was to make sure to put new and repeat. This only happened after the new guide. I hope venting help you feel better about yourself.

11. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Too bad Wishlists searches no longer tell you how to add optional or required options. It now spends a whole paragraph telling you how to search for airplane. So it is to be expected people will not know how to do it.

12. walkerism

Aug 16, 2001
    Miami, FL
    Thank you so much. This worked perfectly.

13. jtrain

jtrain New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Beaverton, OR
    You're welcome, glad to assist! I've been doing a lot of adjusting/tinkering w/ my sports ARWLs myself, mostly to properly capture Broncos games, Ducks & Beavers college FB games, and Timbers (MLS) games.

14. randyb359

randyb359 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Anyone know how I can make a wishlist for the Pirates? I have tried using Pittsburgh, tried using Pirates one at a time as both the keyword and title keyword. I get pregame and post-game shows but the actual games do not turn up.

15. jtrain

jtrain New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Beaverton, OR
    Try this:

Title Keyword: MLB, (Baseball)
    Keywords: Pittsburgh, (Pirates) - parentheses on Pirates keyword, setting it as optional

if no luck, try reversing the optional keyword from Pirates to (Pittsburgh)
    you may need to set it to record both "new and repeats".

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  16. tampa8

tampa8 Official Tivo User

Jan 25, 2016
    Ct & FL
    I too read it and got nothing. Like the other poster I had no idea there were changes now.

17. Big Deficit

Big Deficit Happy now?

Jul 7, 2003
    My tried and true NFL wishlist no longer worked. I tried a few different wishlists which also didn't work and were deleted. Now the deleted wishlists record all the NFL analysis shows I don't watch and I can't get them to stop (because they're deleted and no longer exist outside their corporeal form). I converted the old wishlist to 4 separate 1p's. Monday night football is one of them and is #2 on the priority list. I didn't bother to check it before this past Monday's game. To my surprise, it didn't record the first opportunity it got because it conflicted with Samantha Bee's show which is #42 on the priority list? Opened another trouble ticket, and it was promptly closed. This is maddening. I guess the bright spot is that I had some regret I didn't invest in Romio when they were cheap last year, that regret is gone.

18. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    It's to be expected that people can't read the description on the add keyword screen??? There's even a 'press info for help' that gives you exactly what you need about required, optional and excluded keywords. Yes, you do have to scroll over to the keywords after you add them and I realize that takes extra button pushes.

Agree that it won't tell you why new vs. new and repeats is needed, though. But the help you need to create custom ARWLs is all there.

19. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Yes, it is to be expected since they no longer show that information on the screen. There is nothing there to read about enabling optional or required. TiVo moved it to the "info" screen which I am sure 99% of people don't even know exists.

20. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I used the same thing as before when I setup a new wishlist. I used Redskins, NFL, and Sports: Football. But I also set it for New and repeats. And this picks up the Redskin games.
    But in addition to that I have 1Ps for Monday, Thursday, and Sunday Night Football. Which picks up all the National night games. Then I have a 1P for NFL football. Which picks up all the locally broadcast games on Sundays.