1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spontaneously Rebooting Roamio Pro

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by KevinG, May 17, 2018.

1. KevinG

KevinG Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Mt. Laurel, NJ.
    So, my Roamio Pro has been spontaneously rebooting a few times a week (that I know about, it's possible it is doing it more often than I've noticed).

Is there any way to turn on logging or something to find out what might be causing it, or is none of that worth anything and I should just replace the drive on the assumption that that is the most likely issue?

Thanks!

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Watching the thread as my Roamio Pros have this issue, as well, though it's possible my issue relates to bumping the drives to 6TB & 8TB, and keeping My Shows at 85+% capacity.

Box: Roamio Pros (2x: 6TB and 8TB; 2845 & 3263 shows; 85% & 90% full; 357 & 238 OnePasses)
    Network: Ethernet
    MRS LAN: 3 Roamios, 6 Minis
    Possibly related:
    If you have Minis and want to test the "Internet connectivity" theory, note that you may be able to configure your router/firewall to allow the Roamio Pro to remain connected to the LAN, but disable its ability to connect to the Internet. (for example)

3. DPF

DPF So tired.....

Mar 20, 2003
    Naper-thrill...
    I had the same problem a while back. There was a thread on it. Drive size and fill percentage do seem to be a factor. Once I turned off suggestions and deleted/permanently deleted down to ~65% the reboots stopped. Have been fine for months. Have no information beyond that. I have a 6Tb drive.
    -DPF

4. KevinG

KevinG Member

Sep 3, 2003
    Mt. Laurel, NJ.
    Interesting...I'm still on the original 3tb drive, and we have suggestions on, so it's going to normally be effectively "full". We have 5 minis connected. No ios usage, so I can cross that one off the list...

But, back to the original question then...I guess there are no diagnostics available? Just random shot in the dark troubleshooting steps?

5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    From the 2nd bulleted thread, above: Roamio Pros repeatedly rebooting when networked