Spontaneous Reboot

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by oglikn, Jul 24, 2011.

1. oglikn

oglikn New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    My TiVo Premiere has been acting flaky today. First, while watching Hulu, the screen goes black and then I see the welcome video. Second, while watching Netflix, the screen goes black and I'm sent back to My Recordings page. At this point, I did a manual reboot. Third, while finishing the movie on Netflix, the screen goes black and then the TiVo reboots on its own.

Any ideas as to what is causing this? Before I did the manual reboot, I noticed that I was running SW version 14.8U(something).

2. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    by any chance could you be experiencing a temporary loss of network connectivity? That could cause this problem if you are in network apps such as hulu+ or netflix

3. oglikn

oglikn New Member

Jan 2, 2011
    No, there's not a network issue. The network is solid and not dropping. I'm not sure a networks issue would cause a full reboot.

4. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    oh yes they can do. The tivo will either completely lock up at times forcing you to pull the plug or reboot on your own.

It doesn't happen everytime, and used to happen a lot more then it does now. netflix and what not have gotten more stable with this.