Spoilers- Big Love:Circle the Wagons 08/06/07

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jones07, Aug 7, 2007.

1. jones07

jones07 eff.org warrior

Jan 30, 2001
    Phila, Pa....
    I'm so into this show, for some reason I'm just hooked.

This was another good episode. We are getting so much deeper into the dynamics of Bills relationship with his 3 wives.

Bill is sitting on a powder keg and he doesn't see the heartache that is coming and I don't think he would care if he did. The apple did not fall far from the Tree.

Nicki, Nicki, Nicki .........gambling, lies and now stealing too. I knew Nicki was hooked the second she walked into the "Gaming" house.

Nicki and Bill's Mom are my favorites :D

2. aus1ander

aus1ander New Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Nicki in the truck is just classic.

3. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Well, I guess I was wrong about Roman being dead. Wow.

I like how the show examines the line between true belief and false belief. When Albie and his mom concocted and executed the way for Albie to take over the UEB in Roman's place, I began to wonder whether any of the Grant family believes any of the stuff they talk about with prophets and testimony and such. It's obvious that Albie didn't actually have a revelation or a testimony or whatever he said he had. Has he ever truly believed that he had one? Or do he and his father just pretend to believe that in order to exercise control over the loyalists who do believe? Bill seems to believe for real, with his conversations with Joey about taking on the second wife.

Nicki: That's vulgar! She looks like you Margene.
    Margene: [smiles]

Basically, Nicki calls Margene a whore and Margene thinks Nicki is saying Margene is hot. :)

4. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Boy...this family/ies sure have some problems!

5. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    Sometimes Barb is totally unappealing as a character and it makes me wonder what bill saw in her or how that can be the "epic" love of the 3 wives. This week was like that. Other times it's the opposite.

I forgot how good-looking chloe sevigny can be when she doesn't look all mormony or have giant glasses (like in zodiac).

6. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I must have zoned out during this episode:

Where was Nicki at the end, why was she there, whose money was it, and what was that money from?

7. Fleegle

Fleegle Chef-In-Training

Jan 15, 2002
    She was in Roman's office. The money was tithes to the UEB that has just been sitting around the office since Roman has been laid up.