Spinning Circle and Recorded episodes listed

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dayoff, Apr 15, 2019.

1. dayoff

dayoff New Member

Dec 9, 2017
    I’m having my first Tivo issue tonight - went to the main menu and selected MyShows and selected anything and just got a spinning blue circle, then no episodes listed. I restarted once and pulled the power for 30 seconds. Eventually it started working after 10 mins but is still really sluggish. Any idea what’s causing this during “prime time”? Using a Tivo Bolt .... thanks!

2. Phil T

Phil T Active Member

Oct 29, 2003
    Littleton,...
    I had that issue also. I just waited it out and it cleared up in about 5 minutes.

3. MLM1

MLM1 New Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Still having this problem after 30 minutes. Can only watch live TV. It won't let me watch any recordings.

4. ehardman

ehardman Member

Feb 18, 2004
    Kansas
    Same here except it brings up “upcoming” instead of recordings.

5. maddoxlc

maddoxlc Tivofan

Nov 29, 2015
    I’m having the same issue with the spinning blue circles - restarts aren’t helping. I can’t watch any recordings, and when I select a program to watch, I get a list of Upcoming programs.

ehardman likes this.
  6. MLM1

MLM1 New Member

Apr 26, 2008
    Downdetector shows problems at Tivo. I've had to pull the ethernet connection to watch any recordings. Totally unacceptable.

Razzer likes this.
  7. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    Same here tonight.

8. mtnagel

mtnagel Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Same. I switched to streaming. Hopefully it works tomorrow.

9. johnfasc

johnfasc Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    Ota roamio 1tb the same problem. Softward is 21.8.3...Started yesterday. Takes forever to load a recording and some I had to give up on. Also same problems the bolt users are having with spinning circle etc. Whats up with this?

Razzer likes this.
  10. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    Yup, same problem here (last night). Since it affected so many people, it clearly was a problem with TiVo servers. We saw this a few times a year or two ago, but things were so bad last night I began wondering if I had a hard drive problem!

11. maddoxlc

maddoxlc Tivofan

Nov 29, 2015
    Everything seems to be working again this morning (after spending over an hour trying to fix it last night).

12. mtnagel

Nov 15, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Seemed to be working earlier but then slow again this evening. I was able to play a show though.

13. Larch

Larch New Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Same exact problem with my Bolt. Just started today. Maddening

14. johnfasc

johnfasc Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    TiVo went through a restart on it's own. Then I was able to coax a recorded program to play but had to scew around for ten minutes. This is getting old. Will call tomorrow see what B's they give me for this.
    Just wondering why it's only happening to a choosen few?

15. ClayKY

ClayKY New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    KY
    Mine worked fine yesterday and has been molasses since mid afternoon today. Finally pulled Ethernet cable to get things moving.

16. tim_m

tim_m Active Member

Mar 8, 2017
    We had this last night. Finally resolved itself after i rebooted. It was still a little slow but not unusable.

17. Lewis Pitzen

Lewis Pitzen New Member

Mar 29, 2018
    Having similar problem here in OR with roamio OTA. The blue wheel shows up while navigating in "my shows". Exiting or backing up and trying again seems to help some. My green power light also is out while this is going on. If I fiddle with the power wire the green light will come on and everything seems to work ok when the light is on. I wonder if my power supply or wire is pooping out.

18. johnfasc

johnfasc Active Member

Dec 24, 2014
    That seems like too much of a coincidence that all these power cables would go bad like right now. And for it to be happening to a select few with both Roamio and Bolts is head scratching. If it was only one type of box it may be easier to narrow down. Seems like this thread is not catching more attention so have to believe it's only happening sporadically for some reason. I will scour other threads later today to see if this has been brought up by some of the power users.

mtnagel likes this.
  19. paslax

paslax Member

Apr 20, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Same issue with my Roamio OTA over the past two days. I was pulling hair deleting shows and trying to figure out if the HDD was going bad. I'm glad I found this thread.

20. mtnagel

Nov 15, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    Is it better today?