Spinning ball on TiVo Mini home page

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by Terry Mayberry, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Jun 3, 2019 #1 of 12
    Terry Mayberry

Terry Mayberry Member

Sep 28, 2017

Advertisements

I have numerous TiVo minis. Just got my third Bolt replacement in 18 months. Four of my mini's have a spinning ball across the bottom trying to load program images. It never loads, just keeps spinning. Again, not all the mini's just some. I have unplugged and restarted, no change.

2. BeerPimp

BeerPimp New Member

May 12, 2010
    I had my Tivo Bolt Vox die and had to get a replacement. After I got it set up and connected my two Mini Vox via Moca to the Tivo Bolt I am having the same issue.

3. XIBM

XIBM Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Mine do this also but I think it is better as Mini does not wait for image download, I hit My Shows and get list...

4. Jul 2, 2019 #4 of 12
    larryhitz

larryhitz New Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Yes the SmartBar is a spinning blue circle and if I go to the WHAT TO WATCH it says that WTW is not available and blank content. So far talking with the TIVO tech team seems to not have any answer or response. very poor support and performance in the Mini product

5. Jul 3, 2019 #5 of 12
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

I took my TE4 Roamio out of Standby this morning. The bottom part was a nice big BSC. After a minute I gave it the soft reset:
    Thumbs Down
    Thumbs Up
    Play
    Play
    All is well now.

6. Aug 6, 2019 #6 of 12
    BallJack

BallJack New Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I have the same issue as well. Have you found a solution that worked? I have tried clearing and deleting my mini and started fresh setup but still no luck. I only see the blue circle under My Shows.

7. Aug 6, 2019 #7 of 12
    JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    1. Power on Mini VOX
    2. Get no network error.
    3. power on wireless bridge
    4. Hit TiVo button after message goes away.
    5. Bottom of display is big BSC
    6. Soft reset (thumbs down, thumbs up, play, play)
    6a. See big arrow
    7. Pretty pictures on lower part of display

Sorry, works for me.
    BTW, host Roamio is in Standby.

8. Balzer

Balzer Active Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I am having this issue too. I bought a Bolt with the summer sale and transferred "all-in" service from a Roamio. I still have an All-in Roamio Plus connected to the network. I have 2 Minis (both Gen 1), and when I connect them to the Bolt (which has the cable card) I get the BSC on the main menu and nothing shows in What To Watch on both of them. If I connect the Minis to the Roamio Plus, the main menu and What to Watch work normal on both. I have tried everything from this and another thread but no change. Very annoying since the Bolt is now the main TiVo in my house. :(

9. BallJack

BallJack New Member

Nov 13, 2015
    This is what worked for me (I think). I'm pretty sure I've done the process described below before but didn't work the first time and left it as is for the last couple of months. Then last weekend I was just playing around with the settings on my Bolt and did the process again.

I disconnected the power from my Gen 1 Minis. Then I went to the Bolt and force a connection to TiVo by going to MENU | SETTINGS | Network Settings | TiVo Service Connection and let the connection process complete successfully (twice). Then I reconnected my Minis. Now I can see all the show thumbnail pictures under MY SHOWS.
    I hope it works for you too.

10. Balzer

Balzer Active Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Thanks for the tip! I did try it just now but no luck. I'll try it a couple more times later.

11. Balzer

Balzer Active Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    FYI, sometime with the past week or so, this issue mysteriously fixed itself on both my Minis, with no changes or further troubleshooting from me.

BallJack likes this.
  12. XIBM

XIBM Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Mine is also fixed now. I did not do anything as I thought the mini might be faster if it did not go for the images...