Spike TV cancels "The Kill Point"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Malcontent, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004

Advertisements

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07318/833538-42.stm

After hanging in limbo since the first-season finale aired in August, Spike TV's "The Kill Point" has been canceled and will not return to Pittsburgh to film a second season.

2. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    So today when DirecTV rolled out Spike-HD, I was excited about seeing things just like this in HD.

Now they say they're going away from scripted dramas and "a raft of new unscripted reality shows" are going to become their staple??? Aside from them being reality shows (dropped 8 points right there on a ten point scale), those things are never in HD anyway, so what's the use.

Here's hoping they go HD with UFC, because that's about all I can see myself tuning in to Spike-HD for now.

3. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    That's no surprise. One "season" of that was more than enough. The location shooting was great but everything else was quite deficient. For such a short little run it was full of so much filler.

4. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    It was a great series -- fantastic all-around -- but I don't really see how a second season could have been as good. It was remarkable for Spike to come up with something so good in the first place; it doesn't surprise me that even they realized they couldn't make a go of scripted dramas long-term.

5. Barmat

Barmat Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Livermore CA

Advertisements

Burn in hell spike!!!

6. cwoody222

cwoody222 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 1999
    Buffalo, NY
    I thought this was conceived as a limited-run series anyway. It was fun last summer, I can live without it in the future.

7. dansee

dansee Sayonara

Oct 23, 2003
    That's what I thought, as well. Actually, I'm kind of surprised that a second season was being considered. Liked it well enough, but... where would they take it?

8. jerobi

jerobi News/Deal Junkie

Sep 28, 2000
    I'll take more of the same if they want to keep going with these shorter run series like Thief and Kill Point. I enjoyed both.