Spike Ch241 = BAD Timing!

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by John T Smith, Jul 30, 2008.

1. John T Smith

John T Smith New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Vancouver WA

Advertisements

I recently became interested in all flavors of CSI, so did a name search and started recording

Last night, which watching an episode from Spike Ch241, I discovered that they don't start & finish on time

The previous show ran a couple minutes into the hour where CSI was supposed to start... which meant that I missed the last two minutes when the recording stopped before the show ended

I now know to add a few extra minutes on Spike... so passing along the warning in case anyone else decides to record at Spike

2. john-duncan-yoyo

john-duncan-yoyo New Member

Oct 13, 2004
    NoVa near DC
    Are they on Turner Time? TBS used to be 5 minutes behind the hour.

3. leftstrat

leftstrat New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    I noticed the same thing on Sci-Fi the other night, while trying to tape the season premier of Eureka. I got about 4 minutes or so of Scare Tactics first, and end of recording occoured about for minutes before the show ended. Maybe a forced call, to sync the clock on the unit might help.

4. DataDoc

DataDoc New Member

May 28, 2008
    Greenville, NC
    You could check the Tivo's clock by using Select-Play-Select-9-Select while watching a pre-recorded show. You'll get a clock and a show timer in the lower RH corner. Doing it again will turn it off, so will a reboot.

Sometimes, of course, they do it just to be different.

5. ccmc

ccmc New Member

Mar 13, 2007

Advertisements

Unfortunately SPIKE does this all the time, I like to record the powerblock shows and every one of them have to have time added at the end. This sucks because now my two tuners are both recording the same channel when the shows are overlapping. :mad: