Spelling Bee - anybody know how long the preliminaries went?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mattack, Jun 4, 2011.

1. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    This is just out of curiosity, since I presume there's nowhere else to catch it and I don't really care since I have so much recorded.. (They used to rerun them a few times on ESPN channels.. not this year I guess.)

I recorded the preliminaries for what seemed like a ridiculous 4.5 hours (it was scheduled for 3 hours) and STILL it cut off. I think I recorded the finals for 3 hours, and it was scheduled for 2.. It was only about 15 minutes too long of a recording (because I added an extra hour).

weird that it wasn't on ABC this year, but I guess that's because of basketball or whatever ABC is running lately.

2. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Nobody knows - we were all watching at 1.5 times real time with sound and couldn't understand a THING! ;)

3. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I padded 1.5 hours and it wasn't enough...knew I should've gone for three, but last year's went by REALLY quickly so I didn't think much of it. Whoops.

4. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    There was an article in CNN about this - it said they needed "95 minutes of overtime" to get down to the final 13.

5. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    heh, so that was only 5 mins extra..