Speed Channel has a show that looks interesting - Pinks

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Talon, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Talon

Talon Chally!

Dec 5, 2001
    MD, USA
    It's a reality show, (I know- *groan*), that has people compete with thier own cars in a drag race and the loser gives up the title to thier car. Like real life street racing. Has potential.

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/326/

2. crowes

crowes New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Looks very cool. I'll have to watch for it.

3. spelcheker

spelcheker Giant Forehead Dude

Nov 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX
  4. Waldorf

Waldorf Super Duper Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Watching this now... the negotiating car lengths stuff is very annoying... just race heads up!

Did they ever show what their times were?

ROFL.. had to edit to add this from the host on their website:

I would *much* rather see a show like this with Michael Schumacher racing heads up against Juan Pablo Montoya in similarly configured Ferrari 360's or something at Watkins Glen or Laguna Seca...

5. spelcheker

spelcheker Giant Forehead Dude

Nov 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX
    I thought it was incredibly annoying. I was really looking forward to it too.

I'm not sure what it was I had envisioned, but it sure wasn't that..

I guess I have to to F myself now...

6. tedder

tedder Irregular

Jan 9, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Yeah, it was really annoying. Never again.

7. SoupMan

SoupMan Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2001
    MD
    Hmm. Could be an easy way to get out of your negative equity car though.

8. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I've actually been enjoying the show. I kind of like the negotiations and how that is really where the races are won and lost. It's a pretty decent half hour show while there is nothing else on.

9. Cue-Ball

Cue-Ball New Member

Oct 8, 2002
    Kirkland, WA
    I really want to like this show. I love stock class drag racing (as opposed to, say, top fuel) and several of the cars on this show are well engineered, beautiful, or both. However; I HATE the negotiating for lengths crap. They need to get cars that are competitive against one another and have them race heads-up. Run what you brung and if you don't win, you shoulda brought more!

Racing a stripped, tubbed, full-on race car against a mostly stock LS1 is just idiotic. If you have to ask for 15 lengths to even come close at the finish line, why bother racing? They should class these guys some way (by displacement, power adder, whatever) and have cars race against other competitive cars.

I'm hoping they change this a little bit for the second season (starting up next month).