Spectrum-Tivo problems

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jastavoss, Apr 30, 2021.

1. jastavoss

jastavoss Member

Sep 15, 2012

Advertisements

A few hours ago, I stopped get any channels, with the message "The channel is experiencing network difficulties". Using Spectrum cable-Roamio tivo. Anyone else having this problem? Spectrum is working ok on a non-tivo tv.

2. Jetspeedz

Jetspeedz Member

Dec 19, 2014
    I was just about to create a new post and saw this.

I'm in So Cali, I reported Guide issues to Spectrum where some channels and random times there is not title at all. This has been a problem for the past 3 days now. I was told they need more people to call before it is elevated to engineering.

Last time this happened a few years ago it was resolved over time.

Please call Spectrum and call them to report this. They do have existing tickets in Wisconsin and NY with reported outages but if it is happening in your area and you are the first to call expect this not to get fixed anytime soon.

Just call and report it so they have more cases. They are sending a poor tech out here to confirm what I already know is a not a equipment or signal issue. But it is part of the absurd process.

3. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Spectrum is not directly responsible for the guide
    Spectrum has systems all over the county. You should indicate where you live.

4. Dareshiranu

Dareshiranu New Member

May 4, 2021
    I'm in Southern Ohio, TWC/Spectrum. I've had intermittent issues with signal dropouts with my Roamio, resulting in no few resets of the sta, the tivo or both (+ reseating the cablecard). Recently it got worse and I had techs out after a call to support. The call-in support suggested, after I talked her into it (but she did agree) that the sta and cable card would be a good idea to replace.

I've had the tivo for at least nine or ten years and so too the tuning adapter and cablecard. It seemed likely they might just be worn out. Unfortunately, after two visits in one day by two separate techs (who found small issues and fixed 'em) I ended up with yet another cablecard and sta (I'd gone to the local office to pick one up). So after two replacement tuning adapters and three new cablecards I now get dropouts that stop recordings and don't even make the tuning adapter handshake (it used to) - I just get a channel unavailable type message briefly then back again, but of course, no longer recording if I happen to be watching something that was in the process.

They're (Spectrum) supposed to call tomorrow and see how I'm doing. Not well I'll tell you. My signal strength is topped out. For a time I had filters on it to attenuate it a bit in case it was too strong, but now I'm just running it as is and the techs seemed happy. My wife is not happy. At all. I am less than thrilled myself.

5. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA

Advertisements

You might give the attenuators another try while waiting.