Spectrum TA Motorola Channel Network errors

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by XIBM, Jan 17, 2019.

1. XIBM

XIBM Member

Mar 9, 2013

Advertisements

North GA in old Charter System with Bolt+, Premier XL4, and two old minis via Moca. System recently added more Switched Digital Video apparently to make room for faster internet. I had a TA on the XL4 and recorded the few SDV shows I wanted but had no TA on the Bolt+. About a week ago The XL4 had about 20 SDV channels that started giving me a new Channel Has Network Problem Contact Cable Provider error on a blank screen, but if you left it on the channel most would start receiving. It kept getting worse and eventually every channel gave me the error. The moca stats look good and it would phone home OK, and would play recordings fine. I restarted, switched splitters and cables but no live tv, the Bolt worked fine on non SDV channels. I decided the XL4 had lost its tuners and switched the TA to the Bolt, then the XL4 received non SDV channels fine and now a few of the SDV channels on the Bolt give the Channel Network error. Is anyone else on Spectrum getting this type of error or is it my TA? I plan to get another TA to try...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  2. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Charter "disabled" my TA out of the blue a few times in the years I had one. I assume you have a Moto TA since you have a Moto cable card. If the amber light isn't solid, then it's either been removed from your account or disabled on Spectrum's end. Just give them a call and stay on the line until you get a solid light. I suppose TA's can have a hardware failure, but it's rare in my experience. So I wouldn't get a new TA just yet.

3. XIBM

XIBM Member

Mar 9, 2013
    My TA has a solid amber light and is a Moto. After trying a few things on the Bolt, I think it is a delay switching to a open frequency at the head end, possibly they don't have enough frequencies allocated to SDV and it has to wait until one is available. If I wait long enough the channels do finally appear and the error goes away...

4. dksmt

dksmt New Member

Jan 19, 2019
    NW SC here, my Moto TA lost sync (blinking light) after a brief power interruption last week. Support line had me replace it, the replacement wouldn't sync up either. They rolled a tech out who showed up yesterday. He said he had four or five TA's that were doing the same thing in his area and they hadn't got them working yet. He said his supervisor thought it might be due to some changes they were making related to DOCSIS 3.1. The tech replaced my splitter and cables but didn't find any signal issues. They verified they entered the correct serial number for the replacement TA, sent refreshes, problem persisted. No fix yet.

5. XIBM

XIBM Member

Mar 9, 2013

Advertisements

I upgraded my splitters, I had two two for ones and a three for one and replaced with a six for one with a couple of empties and my TA is doing better. I seldom get the network problem error and if I do it usually resolves in a minute or so...