Spectrum - Missing Channels/V52 Error/Channel Network Difficulties

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by pacor, Nov 27, 2017.

1. pacor

pacor Member

Dec 26, 2001
    Lewisville, TX
    I have Spectrum cable and Friday/Saturday all of the sudden all my TIVO's don't get certain channels. Seems like premium type channels. I get different msg depending on the TIVO and if I have rebooted. I have TIVO HD, TIVO Roamio and TIVO Volt. The Spectrum DVR had the same issue and a tech came yesterday. He rebooted the Spectrum DVR and it is working. On the TIVO he said there is an issue with them and it is being worked on. Couldn't tell me who is working on and an estimate on when it might be resolved other then the it should be fixed in the next couple of days. Anybody that has Spectrum having same issue? It seems like Spectrum changed something on their signal and something needs to be updated on the TIVO.

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    No problem here, but I am in a different region. Have you rebooted the tuning adapter? Your issue is either the tuning adapter or the cable card.

3. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Every few years TWC apparently suspects that I am getting over-confident and removes premium authorization from my CableCARD, which requires a call to customer service to fix.

When the Tuning Adapter goes bad, for me either nothing works or just some lessor channels are lost; power-cycling the TA usually fixes that. Your location might have chosen to put the premiums under SDV; I hear some places do that.

krkaufman likes this.
  4. dcrowell77

dcrowell77 Member

Dec 27, 2007
    I've been getting V52 on a handful of channels (most importantly the Olympic Channel, grr...) for about 2 weeks now. I finally have a tech coming tomorrow. No idea what they will have to say... I got a similar workaround on my first 2 support attempts - "oh, there is a known issue with those signals", yeah...

5. pacor

pacor Member

Dec 26, 2001
    Lewisville, TX
    Another tech came today. They say the signal is ok. The Spectrum DVR works fine, but none of my TIVO's work. I have a TIVO HD, a Roamio and Two BOLT. Now I'm getting a V52 error and tuning adapter power light is flashing. I called the Cable Card support and they said the cable card is ok. They say it must be something with the TIVO. Any ideas? Suggestions?

6. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    Have you rebooted the tuning adapter? Get Spectrum to send a “refresh” signal? Until it is fixed, you could pull the usb from the TA. You might get all or most channels.

7. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    You might want to check out this link and see if your Tivos are saying that your cable card is properly paired and activated. https://support.tivo.com/articles/Troubleshooting/CableCARD-Troubleshooting
    It is also possible that your TA's are not properly authorized but if your cable cards report something different then is shown on the Tivo page, your cable cards are not properly paired, no matter how many times the CSR's say it looks fine on their end.
    Ordinarily, if your cable card is working, you should get some channels even if you entirely remove the TA. BTW are you trying to use MoCA and are you using a 2 way splitter to feed the TA and your Tivos?

8. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Not long ago, maybe in the last month or two I think, they added several channels. A couple of them interested me so I decided to check it out. But, near as I can tell, I still cannot tune to any of them anyway. I get the 'this channel is not authorized' V58 error. I've seen it before. Usually it seems that Tivo makes the changes/additions before they are actually made with Charter.

I'm not invested enough to aggravate myself by contacting Tivo so I'm just waiting it out and I check every now and then to see if they are there yet. There was a time, for quite a few years, when it was lucrative to call Tivo and talk to somebody, ask for help, or see about fixing a problem. I just don't feel like we're in those times anymore so, for me anyway, to keep myself out of stress I just don't even bother. I know that's kind of lame but I will do better, in the long run, if I don't do something that causes me undo stress. :)

The last time there were some channels that couldn't tune (existing channels), it was a Charter problem. Oh - Spectrum. So I just waited it out and they came back within a couple hours. But if it's on Tivo's end - good luck with that. heh

9. dcrowell77

dcrowell77 Member

Dec 27, 2007
    My update on V52 - I had a tech over today and he found some interference caused by a cable far away from my TVs with the problem. He fixed that and it worked, but only *after* the Tuning Adapters were reset. That last bit seems to be the key. His explanation was that the noise was making it outside the house and messing with the signals from the TAs. So basically any SDV channel that the TA already knew about was okay but it couldn't find new ones. Anyway, add resetting TAs to the list of standard troubleshooting for V52.

krkaufman likes this.
  10. pacor

pacor Member

Dec 26, 2001
    Lewisville, TX
    I have two of my TIVO's working (TIVO HD and one TIVO Bolt) and the other two still not working. The two that are not working are connected to the same cable. It is the same cable that connects to the Spectrum DVR, which of course doesn't have any issues with getting any V52 or any other error. There are two different cables that go to that room and connecting to either one produces the same result. The power light on the tuning adapter just flashes constantly. The two that are working, started working without the tech guy doing anything. Waiting for the guy to call me back and see what it is next. Now considering switching to Frontier Fios.

11. dcrowell77

dcrowell77 Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Have you tried swapping the tuning adapters between the working and not working?

12. sis9lives

sis9lives New Member

Dec 25, 2003
    Has anyone fixed this? Spectrum told me months ago that this is a “known issue” and that they were coming out with a programming update to fix it. But I still don’t get any premium movie channels on one of my Tivos. And they want to take my Tivo away and open it up to reprogram it.