Spectrum Channel Unavailable Issue

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by thalador, Mar 25, 2018.

1. thalador

thalador Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Hey all,

Been using my Tivo's with Spectrum and cable cards for about a year. Things are good, but many times I will swap to a channel and get a message saying a channel is not available please press select (on the tivo remote) to try again. Once I press it it works fine. It is almost like the channel goes to sleep. Does anyone else see something like this and any idea why it happens? I do have a tuning adapter provided by Spectrum that it is attached to for premium channels.

Thanks!

2. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Does Spectrum use Tuning Adapters in your area?

3. thalador

thalador Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Yes

4. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    I had a big problem with that behavior about two weeks ago, but it has since gone away. My hunch is that it something with Spectrum and SDV, but I’m not sure.

5. samsauce29

samsauce29 Active Member

Nov 30, 2007
    Erie, PA
    Same here. Was having some issues early yesterday. Checked tuning adapter diagnostics and everything looked good. Then, it magically went away a couple of hours later.

6. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    If you check, you may find that the problem channels are SDV channels, when I had Brighthouse, now Spectrum, I could almost always find several SDV channels with the message, "Temporarily unavailable, please try again later." It was a chronic problem. This was one of the main reasons I switched to Verizon Fios, now Frontier. I never figured out what was the cause.