Spectrum App “breaking through TiVo”

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by gbshuler@yahoo.c, Jan 6, 2021.

Tags:
  1. gbshuler@yahoo.c

gbshuler@yahoo.c Clave Man

Feb 25, 2008

Advertisements

Over last 24 hours while watching a show on TiVo the screen changes over to the Spectrum live streaming app. A few seconds or more and it disappears and my TiVo show come back (still running).

Anyone one else seeing this?

TiVo Bolt with Spectrum Cable card and tuning adaptor.

I unplugged all other stream sources to the TV (Apple TV), and I do not have the spectrum app on my native TV o/s (Android 9). I do not have any Spectrum TiVo app (is there one?) Still Spectrum’s custom streaming app breaks through.

thanks

2. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005
    I have the same setup.. No issues. My Spectrum app is installed on my TV and not my TiVo. Most apps on TiVo have poor video quality.

3. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    TiVos don't have the app. How do you know it's an app and not just the linear channel? Perhaps what you are seeing is the headend messing around with the cable channels a bit?

4. gbshuler@yahoo.c

gbshuler@yahoo.c Clave Man

Feb 25, 2008
    Good question. There is a Spectrum app I am familiar with available on Roku and Apple TvOS. If you were to run the Spectrum app and engage live television then that is what I am seeing (“breaking though” unannounced on top of my TiVo as if a new Input on the TV received a signal). It may be the same channel as what is live on my TiVo. Once I can predict and reproduce I will call Charter.

I do like what I think you are suggesting. I wonder if there is a rogue channel on my TiVo that will switch you to Spectrum’s app. That tuning adaptor and the cable card duo are witchcraft. I had a TiVo message about some new channels. Hmm.

5. TivoJD

TivoJD Active Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Polk Co,...

Advertisements

Interesting, Spectrum app on Roku has come to an end. Will work as long as you don't uninstall it.

www.spectrum.net/roku