South Park 05/04/11 "Funnybot"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by windracer, May 6, 2011.

1. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    After last week's brilliant skewering of Apple, the Dalek-like Funnybot was, er, funny, (nice "Exterminate!" near the end) but the overall episode fell flat for me.

Token constantly laughing at Tyler Perry (and then hating himself) was great, though. I also liked how the school was dressed up in tuxedos during Jimmy's award show. And of course, I was trying to identify all the comics who showed up at the end.

Finally, I think I spotted a sketch of Osama Bin Laden on the pinboard in Funnybot's office.

That is all.

2. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    This episode would have left me feeling the same, had I not watched it immediately after an episode of Doctor Who starring the Daleks.
    Doctor Who spoiler
    The season five episode with Winston Churchill and the reborn multi-color Daleks.
    I did like who it was Tyler Perry dropped into the pit at the end. I didn't see that one coming. Having not watched Comedy Central's awards show, nor ever seen a Tyler Perry movie, the Dalek references were the only fun part in this episode for me.

3. Turtleboy

Turtleboy Well-Known Member TCF Club

Mar 24, 2001
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I preferred the episode of the Boondocks where they portrayed Tyler Perry as being on the down-low.

4. SurvivorFan

SurvivorFan & TiVo Loyalist

Mar 9, 2011
    is it...
    I had to ask a black friend at work who Tyler Perry was. I'd never heard of him before. She (my friend) thinks he's a talented actor and good filmmaker.

I also thought the episode was okay, but a little flat. Oh well, they can't all be home runs.