Sound stopped overnight

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by jamkor, Feb 14, 2020.

Tags:
  1. jamkor

jamkor New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    I have an older Romario OTA that works well. Today when I turned on the TV, there was no sound. The picture and everything else seems to be working fine.

the tv is fine, I checked cables and inputs, even switched them. Reset the TiVo more than once both internally and by unplugging it. I changed the sound setting in the TiVo from one to the other and back again.

TiVo is connected to the TV via HDMI. My tv doesn’t have an optical in, or I’d have tried that.

I am stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

2. jamkor

jamkor New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    so, as I was typing the above post out, I remembered my sound bar does have an optical in. So, I unplugged the optical out going from the tv to the sound bar, and ran an optical from the tivo (was empty before) to the sound bar. This caused the sound bar to output the tivo audio. the tv was off.

I then turned on the tv and the sound was coming out of the tv speakers, too, giving and echo of sorts.

Here's what's weird, I disconnected the optical from the sound bar (connected to the TiVo) and plugged in the one from the TV (putting it back exactly the way it was when I started this) and it continued to work.

No idea why any of that would have fixed the problem, but wanted to update in case anyone has the same issue and finds this thread. cheers.

Mikeguy likes this.
  3. chiguy50

chiguy50 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    I suspect that you are the only member with that particular model.;)

The issue was probably just an innocent spat.:D

[​IMG]