Sound Problems using HDMI

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by jswdi, Dec 23, 2005.

1. jswdi

jswdi the orginal vidit

Dec 23, 2005

Advertisements

I recently upgraded to the HR10-250 along with a new Panny 50 inch 500u. But when using the HDMI cable, the Sound just squeaks. I have tried an upgraded cable to no avail. I have also disconnected everything else and still have the same problem. Is this a bad TIVO unit? Anyone Else experienced this?

2. bpratt

bpratt New Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    Did you turn on surround sound in the HR10-250 when you configured the audio? If you did, and your TV does not support surround sound, you will get strange results. Try different setting on the audio setup menu on the HR10-250.

3. jswdi

jswdi the orginal vidit

Dec 23, 2005
    Thanks for the info. Unfortunatly I tried all the audio settings on both the HR10-250 and on the Panny Plasma. No joy. I am not sure who to contact - Direct TV or the Dealer for the Panny. Considering that it is impossible to get the Panny 50inch 500u right now, I guess I can live with the HDMI cable not working. From some of the postings I have seen, it looks like the Video and Sound seems to be a little unpredicatable.