Sound on startup?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by BoomersRock, Jun 14, 2019.

1. BoomersRock

BoomersRock New Member

Aug 23, 2015
    i normally put the TiVo on Standby when I turn it off. When I start it back up, I have no sound unless I go to an app and start up a show.

What am I doing wrong?

2. jim8650

jim8650 Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    I wasn't aware you could turn a Tivo off...maybe I am doing something wrong...I don't use standby by choice...Roamio OTA

unclehonkey and kpeters59 like this.
  3. BoomersRock

BoomersRock New Member

Aug 23, 2015
    I’ve been putting it in Standby assuming it’s energy saving...

4. jim8650

jim8650 Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    I believe you are correct in theory about the energy saving, but from what I have read, it is minimal, and has been known to cause some performance/convenience issues for some

jrtroo and Mikeguy like this.
  5. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You aren't doing anything wrong (some will say that TE4 qualifies :)]. This happens a lot when hitting Live TV or the TiVo button with my Roamio OTA and Mini VOX. I could change HDMI cables, but I would stop using Standby on those boxes if it bothered me.

6. tampa8

tampa8 Official Tivo User

Jan 25, 2016
    Ct & FL
    Must be a TE4 thing I have not changed UI and don't have that problem after coming out of standby. Something did change with the Mini at some point, I get the message all the time it can not find the main unit, but if I go to live it finds it and all is ok. Certainly not a big deal as long as it does find it.