Sound going out on recordings/channels with TE3 update

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by slowbiscuit, May 4, 2021 at 11:02 AM.

1. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL

Advertisements

So my Roamio on Comcast is having a weird issue since the latest TE3 updates where the sound will randomly go out on a channel or recording. The video keeps playing but sound is muted. Had one on our local ABC 720p mpeg4 channel this morning - GMA was playing as usual and then about 5 mins. into the recording the sound just stopped. I could rewind and get sound back but it would quit at the same point in the recording on playback. Reboot fixes the issue, but when the Roamio came back the recording was gone (?!), so something weird is going on.

My wife reported the same thing a few weeks ago on her Mini watching live TV, I thought it was a Mini problem at the time but then I saw it myself later on the Roamio on the channel she was watching. Reboot fixed it.

Anyone else seeing this? It only happens every once in a while but it's for sure because of something new in the updates.

2. XIBM

XIBM Member

Mar 9, 2013
    This happened to me yesterday on a Mini on a Bolt on TE4. Have not rebooted yet...

3. chiguy50

chiguy50 U.S. Army (ret.)

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    FWIW, I have not experienced this yet. But I will keep an eye out for it.

4. mobouser

mobouser Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Albany Area...
    We lost sound on a couple of recorded shows. Using Fios here on a Roamio Pro which is about five years old

5. humbb

humbb Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Northern CA

Advertisements

Question: does this behavior occur when playing any recording, or only those that were recorded after the software update?
    N.B. I haven't experienced this glitch, but I've also been playing older recordings trying to catch up.

6. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    All of them are post-update, but it may not mean anything because I don't keep older stuff around.