Sound Disappears Using ViideoWave With .tivo files

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by MikeRadio, Aug 22, 2007.

1. MikeRadio

MikeRadio New Member

Jan 6, 2003
    I am having an odd problem using Roxio videowave to edit tivo files... here is what is up:

- The files play fine in Windows Media Player

- When I import a .tivo file into videowave it works fine. Picture and sound. When I do a split or any other editing in there, the SOUND disappears. The native soundtrack just is gone.

- If I try to RELOAD the same .tivo file in there, it never plays with sound anymore.

- However if i COPY it to a new name, I am ok with sound again until the problem happens again.

- What is interesting is that if I use the trimmer (to trim ends) in videowave, I DO hear sound in there.. just not on the main track.

Does ANYONE know what can be causing this? it is very frustrating... and I doubt it is a codec issue since it DOEs play then it stops when I edit the file.

I do have tivo desktop and plus... however these were imported through galleon... Videowave works fine with other video formats.. only tivo files are having this loss of sound issue. I tried reinstalling tivo desktop and still have the issue

any help appreciated!!!

Mike

2. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    Try VideoReDo. It is the best editor for .tivo files, or pretty much any MPEG-2 based video files.

As for VideoWave.... Does it advertise TiVo support? Because if not then you're probably running into a problem with the encryption. TiVo files are encrypted by default, so unless the program takes specific steps to decrypt them they won't work.

Dan

3. MikeRadio

MikeRadio New Member

Jan 6, 2003
    Videowave supports Tivo.. It is from the Roxio group that supports tivo and is the only item on Tivos website that supports tivo....