Sort feature removed from program guide

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Rob_O, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Rob_O

Rob_O New Member

Feb 6, 2018

Advertisements

The feature allowing the program guide to be sorted by channel name is gone. I called TiVo and EVENTUALLY was told that a "software engineer had removed the feature". Why?

The rep said that others had called about this and we were all free to submit a feature request. I am not happy with that answer.

jrtroo, jpndi, wtherrell and 2 others like this.
  2. Davisadm

Davisadm TiVo is awesome!!!!!

Jan 18, 2008
    SoCal
    And I thought I was going crazy. Yes, this is a big mistake! This feature is very valuable. Please bring it back. We should not have to submit a feature request for this.

jpndi, Rob_O and wtherrell like this.
  3. Dave in Phoenix

Dave in Phoenix New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Spent hours trying to figure out from older posts how to sort by name and all the instruction pdfs I found say its a sort option but under my "A" options in Guide is not there. I finally found this post. Many folks found it the easest way to set up channels by eliminating dupes from SD to HD.

Now Cox has made all the SD channels HD so redoing all using the under 1000's to save one number to enter!

4. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
    unless they changed their minds the hd channels aren't mapped the sd channel if cable cards are used. You have to use a cox cable box

from our local cox market Effective June 2019. Channel included with service level noted; will require rental of mini box, Digital Receiver, Contour Receiver or a Cox provided CableCARD™ unless otherwise indicated. CableCARD customers may need a tuning adaptor and compatible retail device to receive certain Switched digital or HD video channels. If you have an HD-capable television connected via a Cox mini box or Contour TV receiver, you will be able to view TV channels in High Definition by tuning to either the two-digit or three-digit Standard Definition channel or the corresponding HD Channel in the 1000-series range. If your television is connected via equipment other than a mini box or Contour TV receiver, such as a Cox HD receiver or a Cox-provided CableCARD together with a CableCARD compatible retail device (and a Cox-provided Digital Tuning Adaptor for certain channels), programming is available in high definition only at the HD Channel position – typically the four-digit number above 1000.

5. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT

Advertisements

F

6. Dave in Phoenix

Dave in Phoenix New Member

Jun 17, 2006
    I have Bolt+ (6 tuners 3TB) with CableCARD and Cox tuner. All the low SD marked channels I have confirmed are now HD. Looks the same if I go to say 36 or 1036 so have set up all the low numbers - saves I digit if have to enter! The cox announcement above seems very confusing :(