Sopranos Question

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Wheens, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Wheens

Wheens Member

Jan 1, 2003
    SF Bay Area

Advertisements

I don't subscribe to HBO, so missed the Sopranos when it was aired. I'm currently watching on DVD from Blockbusters... 2 episodes a night. WOW, I can see what all the excitement was about!
    Anyway, just finished watching the episode where Tony killed Ralphie. My question is, what was the consensus at the time as to whether Ralphie was responsible for the fire at the stables? Forum searches only go back a year.

2. Anubys

Anubys All About Footwork

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    I thinkit was understood that Ralphie did it...he all but confessed to Tony; which is why Tony snapped in the first place...

3. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Now with 2.6% Fewer Organs TCF Club

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    "And what if I did do it???? So What!"

To me, that was his admission. (that, his callous attitude upon hearing the news, his quickly changing the subject to anything else but the horse, and not even asking how it happened.)

4. SoupMan

SoupMan Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2001
    MD
    Yeah, he was like "So what. It was a horse!" and Tony snapped. Poor Pie-O-My.:(

5. ahartman

ahartman Space for Rent

Dec 28, 2001
    Cleveland, OH

Advertisements

I thought it was clear that he did it for the insurance money - he was half owner in the horse, wasn't he?

6. spikedavis

spikedavis New Member

Nov 23, 2003
    Poor Pie-Oh-My!!

Wasn't this around the same time Paulie had that painting of Tony with Pie-Oh-My?

7. jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas

yes. It was delivered to Tony shortly after Pie-oh-My died in the fire. (at least episode wise. I think it was the next episode).

8. TeighVaux

TeighVaux New Member

May 30, 2005
    Sacramento, CA
    I remember that the fire inspector said it was an electrical fire. Therefore, Tony realized he had killed Ralphie for no reason.

9. Wheens

Wheens Member

Jan 1, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Ralphie was dating Valentina, who worked in an art gallery. She and Tony got together and she suggested the painting and found an artist. Cost Tony $6.5K IRC.

Not really sure how Tony came to own 50% of Pie-O-My; maybe since he paid the vet bills when Ralphie wouldn't. In any case, Tony became much more attached to the filly than Ralph.

10. yaddayaddayadda

yaddayaddayadda New Member

Apr 8, 2003
    Fort Mill, SC
    Stop watching after this season. Seriously.