Sony SVR-3000 not changing channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by amangamek, Sep 15, 2011.

1. amangamek

amangamek New Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Our SVR-3000 is hooked up to a Comcast DTA and had been working well for months. Suddenly, it stopped changing channels.

Using either the Sony remote or the front panel buttons, I can call up and scroll through the Guide... but when I select the desired channel, the TiVo makes the normal sound, drops the guide display, screen goes black for a second, but doesn't change the channel.

Whenever I press the channel up/down keys on the remote, the guide display will change accordingly but the channel never changes. I can change channels using the DTA remote... but not when using the TiVo; it stays on whatever channel the DTA is set to.

The DTA is feeding the cable in on the TiVo, which is feeding the cable in on the TV. Watching on CH. 3. Set up per Comcast instructions, and had been functioning properly until recently. I've re-run the channel changing process on the TiVo with no luck. I've restarted the TiVo twice with no luck. I have confirmed with a video camera that the IR blasters from the TiVo to the DTA are functioning.

Not sure what else to try. At one point we had some house guests who may have monkeyed around with with some settings somewhere. As best I can tell, everything is set correctly. I can see the TiVo menus, so I know it's hooked into the TV properly. The channel guide is current, so I know it's getting the info properly. It seems to be doing everything properly, except changing channels.

Any ideas??

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
    Roger

2. amangamek

amangamek New Member

Sep 15, 2011
    I should add that I searched for this very issue, finding it unresolved since 2007.

3. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Have you restarted the DTA?
    Does the remote for the DTA change channels?
    Have you ruled out a faulty DTA?

4. amangamek

amangamek New Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Yes, DTA restarted and works. DTA remote works fine. It's gotta be something real simple that I'm just missing. What's really odd is that it doesn't work from the front panel either. Makes me wonder if it's something deeper?