Sons of Anarchy - "Toad's Wild Ride" - 10/23/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Archangel00, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast

Advertisements

Oh brother....you gotta be ******* me...

More BS from Clay...(why, why, WHY!, couldn't Unser pop him too!)
    Gemma's BS...
    now Abel get's effed up(or dead) in the process? :thumbsdown:

Oh yeah, and at least two more trashed bikes...
    What is this, Jax's bike of the week now?

2. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Hmm...you had to bring in the kids! Time for Gemma 1.0 to go.

So is Pope playing a long game or did the Nomads reach out to a some disaffected Niners to mess things up for everyone on each side. Guess the better question is who is Pope's rival? Wonder if its that mean dude who is Pope's right hand.

3. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    When they showed the van driving off after the attempted hit on Jax, then panned up from Gemma's hand on the radio, for just a beat I thought Gemma was the one who got away. Why was she weaving all over the road? Was that supposed to be from smoking with Unser hours earlier? Her babysitting privileges are going to take a serious hit.

I'm definitely in the camp that Clay has to go. With a couple runs for the Irish there should be enough trust that Jax is running things OK and Clay would no longer be needed there. Of course the more unlikeable he is and annoying to the audience the more likely he is to stay.

4. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I don't get the ending. Sounds like a desperate way to finally get rid of her.

5. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis

Advertisements

Unless Kurt Sutter and Katie Sagel have divorced, I doubt that's what's happening here. ;)

It's Gemma trying desperately to show that she's a good grandmother, but only showing that she's Gemma. In a pretty unforgivable way.

Lot of people doing things in a pretty unforgivable way lately. Almost like they're trying to create drama on the show! :D

6. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I'm talking the character not the woman. Who knows maybe Sagal wants to move on.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2399342/

7. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I'm ok with Gemma dying off the show. If she's not dead, I bet she never gets to babysit the kids again!

I was confusing by the attack on Jax at the end. We'll see how that pans out, but based on what we've seen so far, I doubt it's Pope, it's someone else. Pope has something to gain with the alliance with Jax right now, I don't get why he's screw that up. If nothing else Pope is a business man and the alliance with Jax makes him money. So, my opinion is that someone else prompted that attack.

8. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    There'll be more drama if she lives and the kid does not. Also, just because you are black doesn't mean you are a Niner. I guess that is the impression the writers wanted us to have.

9. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    It's Clay. It has to be Clay. It's always Clay. Clay. Clay. Clay. Clay. Clay. And he'll get away with it. Again. And my head will explode. Again.

Juice. Stop being a coward and talk to Jax.

Where was Gemma going, anyway? I could see Gemma driving erratically if she were drunk but she wasn't or at least they didn't show her getting f'd up. We have to wait a week but they've got some splainin' to do on that one.

Every time the scene switched towards the end, I expected the remaining Nomad to show up and start shooting people. Gemma with the kids. Tara and Tig at the cabin. Jax and Chibs.

10. TheMerk

TheMerk Always Bid First

Feb 26, 2001
    Salt Lake...
    Clay logic:

[​IMG]

11. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    She and Unser were passing a joint back and forth for, oh, half the show... ;)

12. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Yep, Unser for his colon cancer and Gemma for her brain cancer. :)

13. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    Which alone doesn't significantly impair one's ability to safely operate a motor vehicle. Certainly not to the extent depicted...

Throw in some fatigue and maybe, but we all saw she got at least some sleep the previous night.

Both this scenario and the van attack on Jax and Bobby were just plain sloppy, lazy, piss poor, writing.

14. lodica1967

lodica1967 Member

Aug 5, 2003
    Hawaiian...

I wouldn't want someone who had been smoking a joint all day to drive my toddler and baby anywhere. Just sayin'....

15. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Every time I've smoked (pot) I've gotten tired.

Good use of the new Soundgarden song.

16. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Wait a minute... Gemma and Unser were smoking a joint when the police were crime sceneing his trailer ten yards away? What knuckleheads do that? I thought it was a cigarette.

Seemed like it was hours between the time Gemma and Unser smoked and when she ended up in a roadside ditch. Daylight, then pitch black darkness. I'm not a pot smoker. The impairment lasts that long?

17. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm not one either though I have. They don't usually last that long. She was hungover too from hooking up with Joel McHale though if I have my timeline right. Or was that a couple days later?

18. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    Unser wouldn't worry about smoking in front of the police since he has cancer and is allowed to do it for medicinal purposes. And the show takes place in California where tons of people do it for medicinal purposes so I didn't see that scene as a stretch at all.

19. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    It's been mentioned before that Unser uses it medically due to his cancer. With her various ailments it's not a stretch to think that Gemma has a card as well.

EDIT: Beat to the punch by dimented.

20. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I agree .... I think Gemma has brain cancer... even though the writers haven't seen fit to actually write it into the show. :D