Sons of Anarchy "Faith and despondency" 11/11/2014 *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Kamakzie, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI

Advertisements

Oh bleep!!!!!!! Abel just dropped the dime on Gemma to his Dad!!!!!

2. GoPackGo

GoPackGo Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    AZ
    Finally!

3. StrynBean

StrynBean Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2004
    DMV
    That was an awesome episode!

4. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    That was quite the opening sequence lol.

Loved the episode, I will miss this show when it's done, hopefully Sutter has something new in the works.

I enjoyed the aftershow, Sutter, Hunnam and Flanagan with Goggins and Coates chiming in.

5. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN

Advertisements

It was cringe worthy.

Jax and Winsome = ok
    Rat and hooker = confused (I thought that was Brooke at first, but the body was waaaaay too different, if you know what I mean)
    Nero and Gemma = depressing
    Chibs and Cop Lady = eh
    Tig and Venus = sweet
    Happy and hooker = hilarious
    Wendy by herself = hawt
    Marilyn Manson raping Juice = awful

I am glad we finally got to see Able dropping that on Jax, although it is going to lead no where fast. At least we can finally start to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Moses. Ouch. Ouch ouch ouch. Even after watching this scene, Juice and Manson is still the most cringeworthy part of the episode.

6. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    In the first shot of Jax and Winsome in bed I thought maybe it was Tara in a flashback sequence. Sutter said after the show that when he first saw that shot he thought it looked like Tara at first but that was not his intent.

7. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Noting like having Marilyn Manson with his head in your lap reading you love poems lol. And giving you the gift of vaseline.

8. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    There were some parts of the opening montage I wish I could unsee. Good thing I have a crappy memory. There should have been some naked woman butt to go along with the extra helpings of naked man butt.

How the heck would the AB, who never seem to move out of their back yard, know anything about Tig and Venus?

Juice, you should have left town a long time ago but noooooooooooooo, you kept hanging around like a dope. I bet you're rethinking that strategy now, ain'tcha?

When did Jax get the time to put that semi elaborate plan to bait and kill Moses and his gang together?

After they found out about the dumbass Nazi guy going to kill Eglee, Jax and friends all jumped on their motorcycles. I thought "Why don't these idiots call the hospital or Jarry or someone?" Good thing they did call Unser off camera.

Jax's gang affiliates are a white motorcycle gang, a black street gang, a black motorcycle gang and a group of neo Nazis. Who say's we all can't get along?

Creepy Able finally pays off.

9. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I read somewhere the episode starts three days after Bobby's death/Marks' arrest. Jax and the NMC had to know Moses would be bound to come after them or the preacher's family so he had some time to formulate a plan.

10. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Jarry's psych evaluation must have consisted of a single question "Do you think you're too unstable for this job?"

11. tlc

tlc Active Member

May 29, 2002
    Filip!
    Alexander!
    Do we get to hear Happy and Ratboy's names next week?

Was it Juice in the opening sequence? I couldn't make it out.

The plans are pretty elaborate. The kind of plans that only work if everyone on the other side does what's predicted. ("No plan survives contact with the enemy.")

How do you sell this plan to T.O.? "We're going to set things up where the psycho torture guy grabs you and beats on you until you cave. He'll threaten to do horrible things but don't worry, we're sure he'll stop as soon as you give them an address. Then, ideally, they'll take most of their people but not skinny one-niner guy and he can rescue you."

I have to admit though, I was fooled until they got to the wrong house. I thought one-niner guy had really sold them out.

12. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    It was

13. StrynBean

StrynBean Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2004
    DMV
    Sutter says he is working on a Sons of Anarchy’ Prequel

14. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Thanks for the link. The prequel sounds interesting. So does The Bastard Executioner.

15. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Awww, that had to be the loveliest, most moving scene ever between a biker and a trannie!

Has a show ever made such effective use of a dead-eyed child who can't act? [shudders] Creepy.

16. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    ???
    But everyone on the other side didn't act as predicted. Rat and the other guy were supposed to lead Marks' hit squad to the ambush not get captured and beaten.

17. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I forget what exactly was said, but in the aftershow

Sutter made a comment about the kid playing Abel, and his tone implied working with the kid there were limitations to what the kid could do.

18. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    I actually burst out in a half laugh/half cheer as the Moses hit squad pulled up to "the cabin".
    Then once the bullets started flying and bodies started dropping I didn't think Jax would get the retaliation Moses deserved, then he did.

"Is that why gramma killed my 2nd mommy, so my 1st mommy could come back?"
    Not a bad delivery for a kid who thus far couldn't act himself out of a paper sack.

phox

19. tlc

tlc Active Member

May 29, 2002
    Ah, that makes more sense. I misheard.

20. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    I thought Jax finished him too quickly.

And how did the other gang know about Tigs and the tranny. Just a reason to off him? Lazy writing.