Sons Of Anarchy "Dorylus" 9/20/2011

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Sep 22, 2011.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Luther! Vandross!

Clay's going to get everybody killed or jailed. He's more sinister than usual.

Gemma got put back in her place.

Juice has a problem. I remember a scene from last year where the guys made fun of him for being Hispanic but not knowing how to speak Spanish. I guess we now know why.

2. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    This show def has their groove back, great stuff!

Freaking Lem (forget his name in this show) w/ the basketball

The flesh eating ants was crazy, why didn't clay or anyone get them on them when he touched his head? As assuming those 2 rings around the area were to keep the ants in

3. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I didn't know there were any Russians left. I also don't know why the Wahewa wanted to kill him.

Looks like there's going to be a number of factions that might be pissed at SAMCRO, not to mentio ntheir ow inner strife.

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The kids actually called him Lemon-head, which is what Lem was short for on The Shield. :D

5. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Weren't the Russians the ones holding Opie and Jax hostage along w/ those 2 women and the other they killed.

Guessing they got one of them that was wounded but not dead and had fun w/ him :D

6. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I thought Lem was short for Lemansky on The Shield. Maybe there was a Lemonhead thing I don't remember :)

The flesh eating ants were awesome. But the whole "let's make a guy on the inside flip and turn rat" storyline doesn't excite me. It's been done countless times on countless mob shows/movies.

ETA: I do remember him being called Lemonhead on The Shield. I think. :)

7. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Craked me up!

I caught that, and appreciated the reference.

His name was Lemansky. Lem or Lemonhead was his nickname.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtis_Lemansky

8. tlc

tlc Active Member

May 29, 2002
    Yeah, at the end there were two alive and Clay wanted to let one go to tell what happened. I guess this was the other one.

9. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I had forgotten about the live Russian too so most of that scene was me trying to figure out who the hell the guy was. Then I remembered the scene last week after Danny Trejo rescued Jax and Opie, they had two Russians and decided they only needed to keep one. This was the other one... They killed the ammo guys so that's why the indians were so pissed, but DAAAAAAAYM that was messed up. Another thing I'll be having nightmares about... and then the guys like "he should have suffered two more days". They must really be pissed!

The club is totally F'ed. Everyone is lying, double-crossing, or just plain acting crazy. Bobby doesn't agree with Clay, Tig feels like he's being pushed out, Jax is promsing Opie that they'll run the show eventually even though he knows he's leaving, Clay totally betrayed his ass and told Bobby about Jax's plan and that he'd get the gavel, Gemma feeling betrayed by Tara and they getting her ass handed to her by Clay, the feds trying to turn Juice (meh on that, but i'll see where it goes before deciding).

Man I missed this show.

10. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I guess I'll give Sutter the benefit of the doubt on the Juice as a rat storyline. Hopefully he does something with it that hasn't been done 1,000X before. Then again remembering the whole Ireland soap opera makes me a wee bit nervous :)

11. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    The problem with the new Juice subplot is that the Sons play nicely with every ethnic/racial group they run across. Blacks with the Niners. Mexicans with the Mayans. The Russians, until things went crazy. The Irish. The Asians. Indians. I don't expect motorcycle gangs to be all "Kumbaya" with other races. I've always thought of them being racially segregated but I've never gotten the impression that the Sons were a chapter of the Sons Of Klanarchy. As long as Juice sticks with his story that he didn't know his father was black and his mom told him he was Puerto Rican, I don't know why the rest of SAMCRO should get all bent out of shape. If it was such a big deal, Juice shouldn't be in SAMCRO in the first place. It's not like they don't know he's Puerto Rican and if you're a prejudiced, white motorcycle gang member, Puerto Ricans probably aren't too high on your list.

12. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I suppose they could be doing the old he pretends he's a rat but Sam Crow is in on it all along stunt...but they just did that with Jax and the ATF.

13. dcheesi

dcheesi ...I'm not.

Apr 6, 2001
    MD, USA
    Yeah, when the show first started I was a little surprised that they had a hispanic guy in the club, given their long-standing beef (at the time) with the Mayans. But given that they didn't care about that, I can't see them caring that much about his deadbeat dad's heritage.

BTW, what's the supposed ethnicity of the guy whose aunt's house they were using to store/ship the guns?

14. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Nashua, NH
    They were very careful to make sure we knew there were purposefully no black people on the wall when the chief trashed their club.

Z

15. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Until this point I didn't realize they were racists. So the new sheriff... I didn't realize how that was intended to rub salt into their wounds.

16. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Gonna be a HUGE fight between Jax and Opie when Jax goes to leave. Jax just told Opie that he would help him get the club back on track once Jax took over.

17. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Juice storyline. He could actually turn rat and give the feds enough info to take down the club. Unless this is the last season I don't see that happening. As suggested above, he pretends to be a rat and feeds the feds bad info. Or the club finds out he's a rat and kills him. None of these are orignal, they've been done before. Hopefully Sutter is going in another direction.

I realize there always has to be a nemisis, someone to be a thorn in their side. But this season I like the internal strife and that would be good enough IMO.

18. G8rMan

G8rMan Member

May 26, 2005
    I didn't think Samcro really cared about race and stuff...I mean, Bobby is Jewish and there is no issue there...

19. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I'm not liking this Juice development. Just because there are no black people in SAMCRO does not mean the Sons are racist. I do not buy for a second they would give two ***** about his bio father being black. Or maybe that's the point. The new sheriff is just putting that into his head and in the end he'll find out they don't care. Yeah, let's go with that. Otherwise, I have to call giant amounts of BS. I mean, as someone else questioned, what is Happy's nationality? He doesn't look all white. So maybe they are okay with Hispanic but only racists if you're black. Nope, don't buy this being the first we hear this.

Damnit SOA, the season was off to such a great start. The new sheriff is crossing lines that a real dedicated cop wouldn't cross, especially that crap at the clubhouse last week. I bet David Hale would never have done that. I miss Hale. :(

Clay putting Gemma in her "old lady" place was a long time coming. I have always thought the club (and Clay) give her way too much power/influence to be realistic.

The ants thing was just nasty. I had forgotten about the Russian they still had after they let the other go run and tell his buddies. I love how Bobby was looking at Clay as he gave his word about not selling to the cartel at a higher price. Yeah, that's right, Clay and his word are meaningless.

20. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I'm a little surprised everybody seems to be assuming that the sheriff is right in his interpretation of the Sons' racial attitudes. I still think this is something they're going to use against him, not vice versa.

In my experience, things don't just pop up out of nowhere on this show.