Sons of Anarchy - 10/18/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bryhamm, Oct 19, 2011.

1. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Wow. Wasn't really liking the Juice story line, but I did not see that ending coming.

2. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I don't think he is dead.

Clay needs to be shot, beat, castrated, and left for the crows.

3. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Considering after the fade-to-black the sound was a branch breaking and the thud of him hitting the ground, I'm guessing you're right. ;)

Man, there's all KINDS of hell waiting to break loose!

4. Ment

Ment Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    If Juice is all about offing himself, he should just go out in a blaze of glory chasing after the folks from the other cartel that hit Alvarez.

5. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Wow, what an episode! All kinds of madness going on!

I liked the calling for a vote for a new president.

Didn't expect Juice to go out like that. He should have come clean to the club so that they would be protected and take whatever that brings him.

6. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Yeah, I think a SAMCRO guy would fess up and offer to sacrifice their life in some grand plan to fix things.

Blaze of glory is exactly right.

7. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    great episode, this season has been great so far, imo.

8. markz

markz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    I can't wait till Juice comes back as a zombie.... wait wrong thread!

9. Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I don't know if anyone can answer this, but is their a reason why the Mexican women in the drug shop were in their skivies? Was it to prevent theft or were they not only used as labor for drug making but for "entertainment" of the Mayans gang?

10. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    That's a standard drug-packing facility theft-prevention technique, at least in movies and television.

11. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    Have you never worked in a drug ring? Sheesh.

Yeah, it's so they don't steal. Heck, in real life they're probably naked.

12. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    LOL--this was the "TV friendly" version, but yeah, in any gangster movie with a similar scene (and probably in real life) the girls are buck naked. I'm half-surprised FX didn't try to get away with it...

This episode was awesome, especially in the things it sets up for the rest of the season. I was definitely surprised that Bobby finally opened his mouth and called for a vote--I figured that would come more towards the end. There is so much internal damage now, and infinitely more to come, that I still can't imagine what the show can possibly be about next season. Hence what I love about Kurt Sutter... dude always has a plan.

I love how much drama came out of the group blaming the rival cartel for the threat against Tara--Wayne's plan totally backfired (I'm guessing if Tara had found that note instead of Gemma she probably would have gone to the cops... at least possibly). And then even after that fail, and getting threatened, he goes to the hospital to chat with Margaret. Wayne is starting to rule a little bit.

This season is like watching a giant train wreck unfold. So many people are making so many obvious mistakes for so many reasons that it's just a big ass time bomb.

As for Juicy, I doubt he's dead. A: This is SOA--no one dies off screen and B: what Rob said... Given where they're taking the storyline I'm definitely more ok with it now, especially after his scene with Clay when he was made a more senior member of the club. The club is the only family he's ever had and without it, he'll have nothing. Plus he has genuine loyalty to Clay that to rat on him is even more damaging. I know you're not supposed to feel bad for an outlaw who gets played by the cops (maybe you shouldn't be an outlaw then!) but his story is just messed up and really left him in an impossible situation.

I'm changing my mind on this storyline after tonight. It got a little better when Chibbs explained that all the rules should be followed (indicating to Juice that yes, they would remove him since their laws say no color), and now it doesn't even matter because the cops have the coke possession over his head--not only the criminal aspect of it, but them having it also proves that Juice took it, which leaves him screwed anyway.

Seriously the best f***ing show on TV right now.

13. EvilMidniteBombr

EvilMidniteBombr what bomz at midnite

May 25, 2006
    Parts...
    Freakin' awesome show. I wasn't so keen on another member of the MC ratting on the club. But I love how the story has taken a turn with Juice's attempted suicide. I'm dying to know how the MC is going to deal with that.

As for the girls in the drug room, they were wearing way too much. Like it's been said, it's a common situation in movies that I've seen with similar situations. Those women were all buck naked. But I don't guess FX could get away with that.

14. ncsercs

ncsercs DirecTivo fan.......

May 5, 2001
    Hinsdale, IL
    Halloween's coming up soon. Good timing! :eek:

15. ncsercs

ncsercs DirecTivo fan.......

May 5, 2001
    Hinsdale, IL
    He actually has an out, making him look great. The cops "planted" the coke on him and the hanging makes it look like someone is out to get him for refusing to cooperate.

16. Mr. Soze

Mr. Soze Back by popular demand

Nov 1, 2002
    The 75006...
    I loved the scene where Jax shot one of the shooters at the Mayans, and his cohorts came back and ran him over before he could spill to Jax. :up:

17. Mr. Merkin

Mr. Merkin New Member

May 6, 2005
    I think this season has been a bit disappointing, I don't really care for the new sheriff and as previously mentioned the hippie, rogue US Attorney character and plot are very unrealistic and campy. Obviously the writers didn't do any research because there is no such thing as a "United States District Attorney" as the character called it. Seems like they just swapped the Deadwood preacher for the ATF chick, but I am not feeling it.

18. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I think they definitely could have left the sheriff and feds out of the storyline this season. Just kept it the internal strife in the club. I enjoy that part of the season very much. They didn't need another outside antagonist. This is a much better season than last year with the whole Ireland soap opera.

19. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    I agree. Last season ALMOST made me quit the show. This season got me back. Is it perfect? No. Is it 1000x better than the Ireland crap? YES!

20. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Juice has no out. He stole the coke and killed a SAMCRO member. He's dead meat. I just hope he eventually kills the DA Potter as viciously as possible before he kicks the bucket. I believe the sheriff will somehow help him or the club do so, or at least take him down.

I had the closed captions on. The branch broke and there was a thud after the picture faded to black. Juice is still alive. He'll have a hard time explaining those chain marks around his neck.

This season has been Breaking Bad levels of awesome. This is supposed to be the middle season of a proposed seven year story arc. I have a hard time believing SAMCRO can survive this season, let alone three more.

SAMCRO is in the middle of a turd storm and things look to get much worse before they get better.

One thing that I hope Sutter doesn't drop the ball on is that they all had their SAMCRO cuts on when they burst into that apartment. Two people were killed, one of them innocent. No way they should be able to walk away scot free from that. The guy said they weren't illegals so they wouldn't be afraid to talk to the police. Plus, the dead woman has a bullet hole in her head. Somebody'll ask questions.

Anybody know who did Billie Holliday's Strange Fruit song at the end?