Sonic (MyDvD) gets a clue???

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by meschen, Jan 22, 2006.

1. meschen

meschen New Member

Jan 21, 2006

Advertisements

After installing my new DvD burner last night, I discovered that the packaged OEM version of Nero that was suppled with the burner was the limited "SE" version which doesn't have all the required componants to convert, edit and burn .tivo files to DvD. Not wanting to shell out $70 for a full feature version, I figured I'd give myDvD a shot.

After reading about myDvD at this forum, it was with some trepidation that I went to download the free trial version just so I could test out the DvD burner, and see that everything was working. At the Sonic website, free trial web page I found this message:

The Tivo Trial is currently unavailable, we are creating a new version which should be ready by January 24th. If you would like us to notify you when its ready please complete the form below.​

Could it be that they are finally addressing the Tivo Desktop 2.2 and Sonic 6.1 incapatabilies?

While I do not know what my final solution will be (clearly I'm going to have to pay someone $50 or more for authoring software), perhaps this will present some relief to those who wish to use the myDvD software.

2. meschen

meschen New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    By the way, if anyone has successfully used a lower cost solution, I would be interested in hearing about it.

3. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    The version of Nero I got with my burner (with the updates), comes with NVE, and the updates Nero lets me have does .tivo files. The disc says Nero OEM Suite 3. It has Nero 6.6.0.15, Nero Digital 3.1.0.0

4. meschen

meschen New Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Yeah, I've found that Nero has three suites out there. Suite three is complete. I appear to have suite 1, which has a lot of limitations.

5. jkalnin

jkalnin Baad Spellor

Jan 8, 2003
    Warrington, PA

Advertisements

A low cost solution? If you think for a BIT then I bet you'll find a TORRENT of information on that subject.

/subtle hint

6. morac

morac Cat God TCF Club

Mar 14, 2003
    NJ
    I got an email response from Sonic to a support issue I put in about 2 months ago asking where MyDvd 6.2 was. They said it is currently in internal testing and will be avaialable soon.

By the time its released I bet TiVo Desktop 2.3 comes out and breaks it though. :rolleyes:

7. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Likey pirated though.