Sonic MY DVD

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by Ed Wood, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Ed Wood

Ed Wood New Member

Jun 22, 2006

Advertisements

I downloaded Sonic MY DVD for tive tried to install it, needs serial number.
    upon download said serial number would be E-Mailed to me,Never got it!
    Any Ideas? Thank's Ed

2. wscannell

wscannell Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Check your emails from Sonic. They tend to hide the serial number after a bunch of white space at the end of the message. I think they email you a link to the software. It probably came with the link email.

3. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH
    I hope you followed this link and noted the comment about Roxio. Based on my limited experience I would have to second the motion. Also, I agree with the advice to purchase VideoReDo and use free-ware, including DVDStyler for the rest of the process. VideoReDo is just a pleasant program.

You can find more details on my solution at this post:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?p=4225960&&#post4225960

I purchased Roxio EasyMediaCreator 8 (EMC8) to do TiVo-to-DVD and have given up trying to use it at all -- just hoping I will eventually get some good out of it for another purpose. EMC8 includes MyDVD8 which is the successor to the trial MyDVD (6.1?). I used the trial version successfully (suffering the extremely slow transcoding) before purchasing EMC8. I can't get the mpeg editor (VideoWave) in EMC8 to make simple commercial cuts without locking up.

The MPEG re-encoding step using gui4ffmpeg (described in my post linked above) is time consuming but it is necessary to maximize compatibility with various standalone players, in my (limited) experience.