Someone please help with Galleon

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by jessenj, Sep 23, 2007.

1. jessenj

jessenj New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    NJ
    I have Galleon doing everything I'd like except for the on-the-fly transcoding. When I drill open a folder in my Now Playing list and navigate to a folder with a divx file, it shows nothing in the folder. I put the VLC string in the GoBack settings and followed the directions to the T but I can't figure out how to get the vids to show so I can then select them to transcode on the fly.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Help!!! I have a 2 year old who is obsessed with Elmo and I have all her vids on my computer.

Thanks

2. jessenj

jessenj New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    NJ
    I see many people have viewed this but no responses. Is everyone using something instead of Galleon these days? Is there a better all-in-one suite of HME apps? I just really need the transcoding on demand that this is supposed to offer. I was able to use TivoNet to transcode on the fly, but then I lose all the other features of Galleon (mp3's, jpgs, shoutcast, etc).

Can someone please help?

3. mitch2k2

mitch2k2 New Member

Aug 2, 2006
    I don't think there's any reason you can't run Tivo.Net for your transcoding and Galleon for the rest. My only issue with TN lays with my computer, i think. The machine that serves up all the goodies is an older comp that struggles to transcode "on the fly." My lo-tech fix is to transfer things in advance, but that won't work when little one is wanting a particular Elmo, right now!

4. jessenj

jessenj New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    NJ
    I thought you could only have one HME service on a single computer at a time. I'll have to try this myself but I thought they would contend for the service that Tivo sees.

5. ajayabb

ajayabb Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Moorestown NJ
    I run Galleon and tivodotnet side by side with no problem. With tivodotnet, your videos will appear in Now Playing within the appropriate folder. I , too, tried the VLC method without success before. I am able to transcode on the fly while watching Elmo, Shrek, etc

6. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
  7. jtkohl

jtkohl Member

Feb 6, 2004
    Arlington,...
    It's definitely on my list to do a cross-product of Videocasting with GoBack, to enable GoBack to use the transcoding program on things like .mp4 files, etc.

8. jessenj

jessenj New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    NJ
    I'd really love to see VideoLan do the transcoding, but I guess for the time being, its tivonet and galleon side by side