Some Tivo Bolt channels now show as "To Be Announced"

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by upgradepathnotfound, Jun 1, 2017.

1. upgradepathnotfound

upgradepathnotfound New Member

Nov 5, 2016
    Last night I noticed that the HBO channels on my Tivo Bolt were showing as "To Be Announced" in the guide. I cant see the title of the show or the channel schedule but I can still watch the channels live and in real time. Then I noticed other channels, like Disney Jr, were not even showing in the guide at all - it just skips that channel number in the guide entirely. It seems like something happened with the premium channels from Comcast on my Tivo Bolt.

I tried connecting to Tivo for an update, rebooting and talking to both Tivo support and Comcast support on the phone at the same time. The last resort was doing the guided setup again, which completed just fine, but didnt seem to change anything. I guess I need to wait 24 hours to see if it changes or trying the guided setup again. This is all pretty strange as its never done this before and I made no changes to my Tivo or Comcast subscriptions.

Anyone else getting channels as "To Be Announced" in your Tivo Bolt guide? Did they push out a new firmware update (20.7.1?) or maybe a bad channel lineup?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Have you received the channel lineup change from Comcast perhaps where they are duplicating (and for some areas moving) channels above 1000?

Scott

3. upgradepathnotfound

Nov 5, 2016
    Normally my Tivo would tell me that a channel moved or changed about once a month. I do have some channels that have more than one HD listing - like one being below 1000 and another being above 1000, now that I looked further at it.

I took a look at this URL and the Comcast channel list seems to match what my Tivo has, as far as ive seen so far:

XFINITY TV Local Channel Line-up

4. jcliff

jcliff Member TCF Club

May 23, 2017
    This is happening to me on the "Outer Max" channel, which is a bummer because they seem to show a lot of horror/sci-fi that I like.

I ended up browsing the schedule listed on Cinemax's site and making a note of when to create manual recordings.

5. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    That would indicate that you have the new Comcast National lineup change with duplicates below 1000 and above 1000 with the ones above 1000 in groupings that are supposed to make sense (since we record almost all of our shows I couldn't tell you what channel most stations are on except for my wife's Food Network). :)

Unfortunately that link takes me to my listings. ;)

So for me Disney Junior shows on 125 and 1701. Where does it show for you on your listing and where do you expect it to be. You said that it skipped over it which would indicate that TiVo probably deleted the channel based on channel changes from Comcast (which could be wrong of course) or someone manually removed it.

Scott

6. upgradepathnotfound

Nov 5, 2016
    Comcast shows Disney Jr as channel 151 on the site and thats where it is on my Tivo now. This one doesnt have another HD listing for some reason. I had to go in to the Tivo settings and manually tell it to show channel 151 in the guide (as it used to) but it still shows the channel as "To Be Announced" there.

For the main HBO HD channel, Comcast shows as 215, 300 and 1910 - its listed three times in total. On my Tivo, I see HBO HD on 215 and 300 but 1910 doesnt exist. In fact, channels in that number range basically dont exist in the Tivo guide at all. The channels I do see just say "To Be Announced" and can only be watched live.

I was looking around more on the Tivo and I see a message for a few days ago saying it removed a few hundred channels from my line up. I didnt see this before because someone else watching the TV might have went past the message or something like that. I have no idea why Tivo wants to remove all of my premium channels because im still paying for them from Comcast.

This is really pretty baffling and making me start to consider what other options I have. Ive been a loyal Tivo customer for a long time but when my Tivo can no longer reliably show me whats on TV or record it... its making less sense for me to keep paying them for the service. On that note, I did find the Tivo site to submit a channel lineup error so im hoping that they can sort this out somehow.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  7. HerronScott

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    TiVo removed them as Comcast told them this was your new lineup, but obviously there were mistakes made either on the Comcast side or the Rovi/Tivo side. Comcast is making this change nationally and as you can tell things are not totally consistent between locations (which is theoretically one of their reasons for moving to this new national lineup to get as consistent as possible except for locals) so I'm not surprised that there will be mistakes on either side and really not that baffling.

TBA guide data for all times for a channel generally means that TiVo does not know that your lineup includes that channel so after verifying that Comcast shows it in your lineup and that you are receiving the correct station at that channel submit a lineup change or ticket to TiVo to get it added to your lineup.

Scott

8. upgradepathnotfound

Nov 5, 2016
    I think youre right here. This probably has to do with Comcast moving the channels around above 1000 and perhaps Tivo hasnt properly adjusted the channel listings to match it. I had to go in and manually enable HBO HD on channels 1910+ to get them in the guide. This still shows them as TBA but its a step in the right direction, sort of. Now I have to look at all the channels it removed and manually add what I think we will actually watch, etc.