Some shows only recording for a minute or two

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by ZombiE, Aug 14, 2018.

1. ZombiE

ZombiE TIVO Bender

Dec 16, 2005
    Fort Walton...
    Hi Everyone,

Haven't been here is a while and found the last week or so that my Tivo Bolt stops recording a minute or two into several shows, it's random as much as I can tell right now. Is this a known issue? I ran down through several pages and searched but didn't really find anything unless I completely missed it.

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Gen3 UI or Hydra? Any information in the recording history for these shows? What cable company and do you have a tuning adapter?

Scott

3. ZombiE

ZombiE TIVO Bender

Dec 16, 2005
    Fort Walton...
    Hi Scott, I do not know which one I currently have. If I go to the info screen I have 20.7.4.RC42-WC-11-849. I have cox cable and yes I do use a tuning adapter. Have used the same components since I bought the bolt about 3 years ago. It was pretty bad last week, but this week seems like it is happening less.
    These are shows that we watch all the time. So we watch these several shows pretty much every day, like at dinner for example.

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    That would be the gen3 UI. Hydra is the gen4/TiVo New Experience which is very graphics oriented in the menus.

Not sure what would cause your issue but suspect tuning adapter. You didn't say what the recording history reports for those shows?

Scott

5. ZombiE

ZombiE TIVO Bender

Dec 16, 2005
    Fort Walton...
    Hi Scott thanks for the reply. I am guessing something was not right with the Tivo. As that night my Tivo mini kept telling me there was no Tivo on the network for it to connect to but after running the network checks the main Tivo it said it was good. After a reboot of the tuning adapter and the Tivo all seems to be well again.
    It seems I have missed all the "Drama" with the new Tivo software, Hydra. I have been reading up in the forums and it seems to be a love it or hate it. I have watched a couple of YouTube videos on it.

Thanks!

6. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    It's been asked twice already, what does your history say?

Are you sure your TA is wired correctly?