Some season passes are not scheduling, even with no conflict

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by brianfuchs, Jan 15, 2006.

1. brianfuchs

brianfuchs New Member

Apr 24, 2003

Advertisements

I have a DSR7000 with a lot of season passes (upwards of 70). The unit is no where near full.

Some season passes are simply refusing to schedule shows. I pass shows several upcoming episodes, so there's not a naming conflict.

The channel hasn't changed, so that's not it.

There is no conflict that prevents the recording (I can force a record to be scheduled with no warning of conflict).

The pass is set to "Repeats & First Run", so that shouldn't be an issue, either. I also don't have any saved in Now Playing, so there's no problem with "Keep at Most".

Any ideas as to what happened? The Season Pass worked months ago.

2. brianfuchs

brianfuchs New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    Stupid me.....

The shows in question DID change channels (SPIKE --> USA)

So I guess a Season Pass is locked to a specific channel. Which brings up a question:

I remember setting up a season pass for Buffy the Vampire Slayer on WB. I told it to record Repeats and First Run, and it recorded shows from FX as well - which is what I wanted.

If Repeats and First Run is supposed to work across channels, then why did TIVO not schedule records for USA on this season pass?

3. TeeSee

TeeSee Tiiin ROOF. Rusted!

Jan 16, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    You've gotten confused somewhere. Season passes are specific to just the one channel they are created from, no matter what setting (ie., FRO, FR&R, all episodes). Wish lists will record any channel, but not SPs.

4. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 New Member

Jan 9, 2005
    What probably happened with Buffy is that it recorded it per your Season Pass on WB. It also recorded the eps on FX as part the suggestion feature which records programs Tivo thinks you wil like or have rated highly.

5. siquepupi

siquepupi New Member

Jan 15, 2006

Advertisements

I have the R15. they changed the season pass to Series link When I program Family Guy to record a series link on Toon it tells me that the shows on TBS are sceduled to record as well, but they do not record & I cant schedule a series link because it seems to be already scheduled

6. Jonathan_S

Jonathan_S Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2001
    Northern...
    Well, the R15 isn't a TiVo unit, it doesn't have TiVo software, so its rules on season passes may be totally different.