some recorded shows playing in b&w??

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by dubluv, Sep 9, 2007.

1. dubluv

dubluv tivo lover

Mar 3, 2006
    long...
    i posted on the dvd tivo page, but response was limited, so i'm hoping someone might have an idea here. some recorded shows are playing back in b&w on our humax drt400. other inputs on the tv play color fine, and there are many other tivo recorded shows that do play in proper color. tivo is using component video to a sharp aquous.

2. ZikZak

ZikZak Neurostim Addict

Aug 12, 2002
    Arecibo, PR
    The component cables may be defective. Have you tried a different set? How is the cable TV hooked up to the tivo? Do DVDs always play OK?

3. dubluv

dubluv tivo lover

Mar 3, 2006
    long...
    most of the tivo's recorded shows playback fine in color, its only a handful of shows playing back in b&w. if the cables were defective, i dont think the majority of shows would be in color. the tivo gets its input via the cable in from a 4200HD scientific atlanta stb.

4. TooMuchTime

TooMuchTime New Member

Jun 29, 2008
    This may be a stupid question but you didn't say anything about it up front.

Is the original show in black and white? I would think the first test would be to watch the show and verify it is in color. Then if the playback is in black and white, you've got a problem. It may be a configuration issue with your monitor; maybe some view setting is set to black and white. If the show is in color, that's how TiVo records it.

I don't mean to sound bitchy or stupid, but you have to consider every possibility.