Some Other TiVo Desktop related ideas

Discussion in 'TiVo Suggestion Avenue' started by rgura, Jan 30, 2006.

1. rgura

rgura RobGTX

Feb 20, 2005
    Austin, TX
    • Automate a tivo transfer back to a specified PC after recording (select this transfer option while scheduling the recodring)
    • Scheduling recordings from TiVo desktop, yes I know that you can schedule from TiVo Central Online, but come on, how about 1 app to do everything
    • Network troubleshooter, seems like a lot of people have problems with setup
    • HME Application to view PC desktop from TiVo, simple screen shots every second or so (to spy on the teenagers in the family)

2. classicsat

classicsat Astute User

Feb 18, 2004
    Ontario Canada.
    Galleon might to option D. I think it can schedule transfers to the PC too, with a neme based serarch/transfer.

3. megazone

megazone Hardcore TiVo Geek

Mar 3, 2002
    .worcester.m...
    a. Galleon and TVHarmony are two applications that can do scheduled, automated transfers based on various criteria.
    b. Better would be expanding on the HTTPS interface and not tying it to an application, but allowing access to the TiVo screens via a browser.
    c. There is a network troubleshooting screen on the TiVo now, do you mean something else?
    d. Galleon has this.

4. rgura

rgura RobGTX

Feb 20, 2005
    Austin, TX
    For the life of me, I can't get Galleon running. I run setup, add a few apps and I dont see anything different on my nw-ed tivos.