Some guide channels not working

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by willmw, Aug 2, 2020.

1. willmw

willmw Tech Nut

Apr 30, 2000
    Thomson,...

Advertisements

Just got the TiVo Stream 4K. Enjoying learning what it can do but notice that in the guide some of the native (not Sling) channels don't seem to work. If I click them I get a full screen Tivo+ logo briefly and then return to the guide. Some channels work as expected, others not. Ideas?

2. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    I'm guessing you're doing OTA? If so, they kinda borked it with the last update. Unfortunately there is no option to adjust decoding in the app. Channels DVR has an option to choose software decoding for the player which is a temporary workaround until they fix the hardware decoding. You can always do the free trial and cancel before you get charged if you need a quick fix, otherwise you're stuck waiting for the next update which will hopefully be sooner than later.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

3. willmw

willmw Tech Nut

Apr 30, 2000
    Thomson,...
    No, not OTA just the streaming channels that show up natively on the guide. Newsmax TV is one of the ones that doesn't work, for example. Voyager Documentaries is another. These channels show up on the guide with a little Tivo+ icon by them. Many of them work just fine, but a few never seem to do anything except flash the full screen Tivo+ logo and then return to the guide.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  4. willmw

willmw Tech Nut

Apr 30, 2000
    Thomson,...
    Update: Looks like the two channels I was asking about are no longer on the guide. I guess they were in the process of going away and the listings just hadn't updated yet.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    dbpaddler likes this.
  5. Johnwashere

Johnwashere Member

Sep 17, 2005
    Columbus, Ohio

Advertisements

I think they are in the process of adding some new channels. I am guessing they got added to the guide prematurely. Probably will get added within a few weeks.

willmw likes this.
  6. fcanzo

fcanzo New Member

Mar 20, 2004
    Re: Channel 1115 Newsmax

After hearing my neighbors receive Newsmax on their Comcast-supplied DVRs, I first confirmed with Comcast TiVo and M-card support team they indeed have this channel (yes), I then asked if I should receive this channel on a TiVo they said they’ve receive a number of calls from TiVo owners. Their investigation said that Comcast receives Newsmax as a digital internet stream, which they then REBROADCAST on Channel 1115. They said TiVo does not have the software to decode this stream.

I then called TiVo product support. After verifying my TiVos are set up and running great (they are), I stepped them through what troubleshooting I’ve done, including re-running Guided Setup on one of my Premieres (I have two, along with a Bolt).

They confirmed that the problem is on TiVo’s end, and not a result of whatever Comcast is doing (other than the Comcast rebroadcast method) or my TiVo setups or network. TiVo created a Ticket for higher up troubleshooting. They also confirmed there were already a number of customer calls on this issue. They promise a follow up email in 7-10 business days.

I will update this post with additional information as I receive it...

7. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Newsmax is an IP Channel only, so TiVo will never receive it.

-KP

mschnebly likes this.
  8. cousin01

cousin01 New Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    Not true. I have spectrum and newsmax is on channel 222. My problem is none of the programming shows up in the guide. The channel is ther but all programming is “ to be announced “

9. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I was referring to Comcast.

-KP