Some free (UK) Tivo boxes, along with accessories (spare harddrives etc)- Crewe / Staffs or WA4 area

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by a_tivo_noob, Mar 3, 2019.

1. a_tivo_noob

a_tivo_noob Member

Jan 1, 2004
    (Also posted on AltEPG)

Following a power cut which has blown another PSU, with persuasion from my girlfriend ( [​IMG] ) I've lost my will to do another transplant / repair, and we've switched to using her YouView box.

With that in mind, I have 3 or 4 Tivo's available (I think - some are in storage and I've lost count TBH)

There is probably something wrong with each of them (as I've swapped parts and fixed bits - definitely a broken PSU or two in there somewhere) - but if you're interested and have particular concerns or requirements, let me know

They come with more parts than you can shake a stick at including:
    - At least 3 or 4 pre-built (but clean) ALTEPG imaged drives
    - Countless peanut remote controls (including 2 x blue ones)
    - IR wands etc
    - Turbonet / Cachecards etc

You are welcome to collect, meet somewhere (or I may even deliver locally if you give me a beer token!)

COLLECTION (AND POSSIBLY EVEN DELIVERY AVAILABLE FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS (AND IN BETWEEN))
    - STOKE-ON-TRENT
    - CREWE / NANTWICH
    - WARRINGTON (SOUTH)

2. OzSat

OzSat Very Nice Moderator

Feb 15, 2001
    Oxfordshire, UK
    I wonder if TiVo really expected the boxes to last so long when they offered that one-off lifetime subscription?

3. afrokiwi

afrokiwi Member

Oct 6, 2001
    Den Haag,...
    I have two fully working units boxed and ready to be shipped to a new home -
    I can’t bring myself to throw them away

4. Sanco

Sanco New Member

May 25, 2019

Hi tivo noob (me too!) lol

Would you have a spare tivo remote I could buy from you? Mine has died a painful death trampled over by my son...

Please let me know.

Regards
    Roberto

5. a_tivo_noob

a_tivo_noob Member

Jan 1, 2004
    Sorry - all gone now :(